Toronto vs Milwaukee - Eastern Conference Championship

TW

Reaction score
It starts tonight! 7:30 PM, CDT - The Raptors visit the Bucks. It's been a long time since we've seen a Bucks team this competitive. No matter how much we think they can do it, we have to remember that in the NBA, things can end a lot differently than we expected.

I just don't think the Bucks will be denied in this series. I'm taking the Bucks in six.

I tend to agree Bucks in 6 but would not shock me if it went 7. Key is Lowry vs Bledsoe. Bench also will be a factor Bucks a bit deeper. What always worries me in a series especially Milwaukee is if the 3 ball goes into hibernation.

Last edited:
This was a hard fought win. The Bucks had to run Toronto into the ground. You could see they were tired, and by midway through the 4th quarter, they were a step slower than the Bucks, and that's when it became Milwaukee's game.

Lopez had one amazing game. They may have found a way to stop Giannis from going ballistic, and Middleton from driving the middle, but Lopez? They had absolutely nothing that worked against him.

In the next game, Toronto will be covering Lopez tighter, and someone else will get the rock. That's what I keep seeing with this team. It could be Bledsoe, Middleton, Brogdon, or Giannis doing major damage.

I know one thing. These teams can both play basketball with the best of them.

Lopez played his best playoff game ever and Bucks needed it. Bucks had struggles tonight and wonder if the long rest was to blame? Toronto seemed to just run out of gas at the end and maybe they going 7 last series and having little rest could have played into it.

Fatigue set in around the middle of the 3rd for Toronto. That shot Kawhi took in the lane in the 3rd was the telling point, no legs under the shot and it came up short, same with Gasol. Toronto's bench only played 40 combined minutes compared to 79 for Milwaukee. Bucks were +18 from their bench, Toronto -33. If that pace continues it might be over in 5. Nurse has no confidence in his bench, he needed to sit Kawhi in the 3rd but could not. They played basally the same rotation in game 7 vs Philly

Like I mentioned last night on chat, the Bucks are the way deeper team. Unless Lowry scores 30 every game, the Bucks should be able to wear this team down and Kawai cannot carry them by himself.

Got a little nervous initially but also knew that they seem to often be a 3rd quarter team. Some of those blocks were unbelievable.

I have never been a huge basketball fan, but usually watch the finals. Am hopeful that the Bucks might be able to do it.FCC(:)

I've been saying Bucks in 5. The depth of the Bucks bench and the production out of the bench is why I think they win in 5. Toronto was gassed at the end of the 3rd qtr and going into the 4th. 4 of their starters played more than 40 minutes. You saw the same thing happen in the Celtics series. The Bucks got whooped or played close in the 1st quarters and then by the late 3rd and 4th they dominated. The Bucks only played 9 players in the 1st game of the series but got 79 bench minutes out of their 4 players coming of the bench. Toronto got 40 minutes out of the 3 players they brought off the bench. Brogdon outscored Toronto's bench on his own. Depth is the key.

Edit. I should have read Pack's post above so as not to repeat stuff

The Bucks got whooped or played close in the 1st quarters and then by the late 3rd and 4th they dominated.

that definitely seems to be the pattern. the raptors destroyed them in the first quarter. i thought it was going to be a blowout loss like that first game against the celtics.

Back