Tom Brady suspended

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
2022 Draft Guru
Reaction score
Gets 4 game ban. Team fined 1 million dollars and loses 2 draft picks including a 1st. Two assistant who did it suspended indefinitely.

Agreed CD. I think the Pats will fight this and not in a passive way.

I don't think they can appeal the team punishments, can they?

I assume Brady will appeal, though. Maybe he might get 2 instead of 4.

Was surprised at the severity.

Many were saying the NFL had to come down hard on the Pats because many thought they got off light on spygate because the Pats owner and Goodell are good friends so this punishment was more to show see we can come down hard on anyone.

This was a player trying to show up the league. Ego. Can't think of any other logical reason.

This was a player trying to show up the league. Ego. Can't think of any other logical reason.
I think so too. You when you push the envelope, you run the risk of being exposed. Truthfully, I thought the league was gonna slap Brady a little harder in the 6 to 8 game range because of the Integrity of the game issue.

I think most figure it would be a harsh punishment. I think this is more from the Patriots past cheating, and the fact they lied about it all earlier. Goodell did his job here, maybe NE will finally learn something. I think it has way more to do with the ego of Brady and the Patriots than it does with Goodell. He really had no choice.

I don't think they can appeal the team punishments, can they?

I assume Brady will appeal, though. Maybe he might get 2 instead of 4.

Was surprised at the severity.

I believe you are right on that HH... Can appeal suspension, but not penalties.

Ya I was too.. Severe punishment for something with no hard evidence.. All circumstantial. Kraft won't be standing up in support of Goodell anymore I bet...

Back