To Recap Week 12: The Wheels on the Bus are Falling Off, Falling Off, Falling Off

Titletown Soundoff

Reaction score
To Recap Week 12: The Wheels on the Bus are Falling Off, Falling Off, Falling Off, by James Korsmo

Before I jump head first into the negative gravy boat, let me give you a scoop of happy casserole. It was beautiful to see the joy on Bart and Cherry Starr’s faces when they took the field last night. The embrace between Brett Favre and Starr was a memory that will last a lifetime. I am choosing to honor them with the picture heading this article, because no matter how sick the game made me, at least we will always have this.

Mike McCarthy/Tom Clements:

Guys, we need to chat. Tom, it’s not working. Your playcalling is predictable and sedentary, and when I see Eddie Lacy running parallel to the line on 4th and 2 I begin to question my own sanity. My brain cannot reconcile having Eddie Lacy, a 245 lb man who gains 3 yards when he gets out of an easy chair, running in any direction other than straight forward. It’s asinine, and thinking about it right now is giving me heart palpitations.

Your gameplan is weak and easy to understand. When I was 13, I played a lot of Madden on my Sega Genesis. You guys coach as if I was controlling you in 1993 on an 8 bit video game system.

Speaking of video games, your players had a closed door, players only meeting to beg each other to actually focus on their jobs instead of Pac Man or Asteroid, or whatever kids play these days. You are losing your team.

Perhaps the most egregiously boneheaded decision was to stop handing the ball off to Eddie Lacy in the second half. He was averaging 6 yards a carry. Yes he fumbled, but after his righteous benching for a series he came back with a vengeance. It is unbelievable that he only got 7 carries in the second half. 7!

He had 6 carries during the first drive, and 1 more in the 4th quarter. That’s it. I carried more plates of food to the table during the 2nd half. What happened? Did he find a drumstick somewhere? I know Target opened at 6, but it’s your job to get him to focus. You have Eddie freaking Lacy on your offense. USE HIM.

I’m not a coach, nor am I necessarily qualified to critique anybody on the coaching staff. However, I have noticed over the last 11 weeks or so that the wide receivers can’t get separation from anybody. They would be covered by the Easter Island statues. This isn’t new to anybody, yet nothing is done to fix it.

There is no scheming, no creativity at all. It’s the same 5 plays over and over for infinity. Send one slow guy deep and have 2 other slow guys run out routes while Richard Rodgers checks his email. It hasn’t worked, it didn’t work yesterday, and at the risk of seeming less than positive, it’s not going to work for the next 5 weeks either.

You have to make the best of the personnel you have, and you have both failed miserably in this regard. The elite NFL teams don’t have the 1999 Rams wide receiving corps. Look at the Panthers. They have 87 year old Jerricho Cotchery, Devin Funchess, Greg Olsen, and Ted Ginn Jr. The Patriots have a bunch of guys with no names and Gronk. On paper Randall Cobb, James Jones, and Davante Adams are better than both of those groups. But in reality, they just look like guys who show up for a paycheck. It’s infuriating that you refuse to implement any gameplan that uses them in more efficient ways.

Mike, for the love of my sanity please take back playcalling duties. Tom Clements is worse at his job than Dom Capers. That’s saying something.

Aaron Rodgers:

I will personally massage his arm with oils and liniments if that’s what it takes to keep him healthy. Somebody start a GoFundMe so I can go to acupuncture school. On the bright side, Rodgers didn’t look as off yesterday as he has in recent weeks. If the offense was a Thanksgiving dinner, Rodgers would be the turkey, Eddie Lacy was the stuffing, Randall Cobb would have been mashed potatoes, and everybody else would be lime Jello with carrot shavings floating around inside.

Defense

Not as impressive as last week, but still more than adequate. They gave up 17 points, held Matt Forte to 44 yards on 15 attempts and Jeremy Langford to 48 yards on 12 carries. Jay Cutler only put up 200 yards, but he had 2 touchdowns, so it was a mixed bag with the passing game. If anybody sees Julius Peppers wandering around De Pere, please point him back in the direction of Lambeau Field.

Special Teams

Jeff Janis has found his niche, mainly because you don’t have to run routes to return kicks. He’s got a one track mind, and it’s set on “Turbo” mode. He’s like Forrest Gump. People in the south end zone should hold up stop signs when he has the ball.

Next Week

Next Thursday the Packers are off to Detroit. The Lions have won 3 games in a row, including beating the Packers at Lambeau for the first time since “More Than Words” was popular. If the front office doesn’t figure things out soon, I don’t expect to feel any better next Friday morning. I hope I’m wrong.

GO PACK GO

Thank you for reading. James Korsmo is a featured writer at Titletown Sound Off. You can follow him on Twitter @jksub20. For even more Packers content, follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook.

Continue reading @http://titletownsoundoff.com/ ...

Guys, we need to chat. Tom, it’s not working. Your playcalling is predictable and sedentary, and when I see Eddie Lacy running parallel to the line on 4th and 2 I begin to question my own sanity. My brain cannot reconcile having Eddie Lacy, a 245 lb man who gains 3 yards when he gets out of an easy chair, running in any direction other than straight forward. It’s asinine, and thinking about it right now is giving me heart palpitations.

Your gameplan is weak and easy to understand. When I was 13, I played a lot of Madden on my Sega Genesis. You guys coach as if I was controlling you in 1993 on an 8 bit video game system.

amen.

Winner)

great read... nothing more to say really.. Combine the above with WingT's post and wow.. things are not looking good.

Back