Three reasons to believe — or not to believe — in the 2019 Milwaukee Brewers

CrewNation

Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Here are the reasons to believe and to not believe in the Brewers in 2019.

brewers

Continue reading...

The difference in most seasons is just a few games. My only worry for the season is the bullpen injuries. The bullpen is the strength of the team. JJ and Knebel were critical to their stretch run last year. If both of their injuries are serious enough to make them miss large chunks of the season then things could be tough early and with a tough early schedule they could start out behind the 8-ball.

The rest is just the ups and downs of how long baseball seasons go. Players have off years (or bad stretches) at the plate or on the mound and some games are lost here and there as a result. Fortunately, this team should have enough offensive contributors to withstand a drop-off by a couple of guys. It also fortunately has enough "decent" starters to compensate for an injury or slump by a starting pitcher. Plus if Jimmy Nelson is able to return to form at some point it could provide a boost down the stretch.

I find it surprising that some outlets have the Brewers being mediocre or worse. They improved their offense at catcher and 2nd base and to me the pitching staff, outside of the bullpen, is about the same in terms of quality. I think they finish with a winning record but may miss the playoffs, but I'm hopeful.

Back