The Shanahan offense

The one common thread through any of these articles about this offense is the need for a solid, cohesive, and way above average OL. That group has to be solid, move as one group, always know where everyone else is, and able to kick the crap out of anyone in front of them.

Not, average, not good enough, not okay... Not he might be good, not oh we can plug any late rounder in there and be fine.

Now, did the Packers improve that unit much at all? DOn't know yet, but they are relying on a bunch of projects at this point to take over for injured and slowing veterans.

And that OL becomes even more important when you throw a meh QB in there.

The one common thread through any of these articles about this offense is the need for a solid, cohesive, and way above average OL. That group has to be solid, move as one group, always know where everyone else is, and able to kick the crap out of anyone in front of them.

Not, average, not good enough, not okay... Not he might be good, not oh we can plug any late rounder in there and be fine.

Now, did the Packers improve that unit much at all? DOn't know yet, but they are relying on a bunch of projects at this point to take over for injured and slowing veterans.

And that OL becomes even more important when you throw a meh QB in there.
Looking back at the Mike Shanahan OL’s, I’m trying to remember if they were high draft picks or JAG’s that happened to fit what he needed for his run game?

Looking back at the Mike Shanahan OL’s, I’m trying to remember if they were high draft picks or JAG’s that happened to fit what he needed for his run game?
I think it was good talent eval.. they found quality guys who fit what they wanted to do. Not sure on the draft pick thing. Would have to do some research.

That article basically showed how bad the Love pick was
No argument on that.
But if ML’s fingerprints are on that pick he likely lobbied hard for Gute to get him and not wait.
so now it’s up to ML to justify it.

Back