The PAC-12 is doomed!

Less than a year ago, it was unheard of that the Big 10 would even consider growth, unless it was in the Eastern two time zones. Right now, it's about blunting the expansion of the SEC in their attempt to grab onto all the big market areas. I see them going after Clemson, and possibly Notre Dame at this point.

The real deal though is what happens with Notre Dame.
Clemson has little or no value. And honestly they won’t pay $52m to bolt.

As of to the SEC, I would be surprised they add anytime soon. Nobody adds media value in any re negotiated rights deal unless ND would have interest

The ND situation is really fascinating. It’d about money obviously but if they stay independent does the CFP become more difficult.

Remember this about any expansion. While guys like Swarbick, Stanky and Warren have power ESPN , Fox and to some degree NBC drive this bus. They pay the rights fees and again, ESPN drove the Texas / Oklahoma deal and Fox did the same with SC / UCLA

Why the networks control this stuff. Follow the money

Notre Dame would remain independent if it can earn at least $75 million annually in media rights revenue from current broadcast partner NBC, sources told CBS Sports. The Fighting Irish’s deal with the network is set to expire in 2025.

For NBC to feel comfortable raising Notre Dame’s valuation to such a level, it is seeking “shoulder programming” (in this case, games played before and/or after Notre Dame’s contests) from a Power Five conference to enhance its college football coverage.

When such a move had been speculated previously, the Big Ten was the conference mentioned most often as a target. However, the Big 12 has emerged as a strong option to fill NBC’s shoulder programming needs.

Be prepared for a ACC / PAC 12 “alliance”. Just reading the tea leaves. ACC has to be sweating bullets if ND leaves and that GOR is a albatross.
I could see that Pac 12 has to do something to try to survive

Less than a year ago, it was unheard of that the Big 10 would even consider growth, unless it was in the Eastern two time zones. Right now, it's about blunting the expansion of the SEC in their attempt to grab onto all the big market areas. I see them going after Clemson, and possibly Notre Dame at this point.

The real deal though is what happens with Notre Dame.
Yep ND is the linch pin on everything

Why the networks control this stuff. Follow the money

Notre Dame would remain independent if it can earn at least $75 million annually in media rights revenue from current broadcast partner NBC, sources told CBS Sports. The Fighting Irish’s deal with the network is set to expire in 2025.

For NBC to feel comfortable raising Notre Dame’s valuation to such a level, it is seeking “shoulder programming” (in this case, games played before and/or after Notre Dame’s contests) from a Power Five conference to enhance its college football coverage.

When such a move had been speculated previously, the Big Ten was the conference mentioned most often as a target. However, the Big 12 has emerged as a strong option to fill NBC’s shoulder programming needs.
I think it would be smarter on NBC to go to big 12 instead of just trying for one team like ND

Back