The future of college basketball

TW

Reaction score
Packinatl brought up the point that there were nearly 1,000 players in the college basketball portal. That seemed startling. After reading this article, I can see where there's a lot of changes ahead for college basketball. I'm not going to weigh in on all these issues, but I can see where this could lead to some serious problems and rules violations in several areas, down the road. It could also mark several changes in recruiting. If the emphasis turns to poaching players from other teams, it could lead to a war of rules changes.

Packinatl brought up the point that there were nearly 1,000 players in the college basketball portal. That seemed startling. After reading this article, I can see where there's a lot of changes ahead for college basketball. I'm not going to weigh in on all these issues, but I can see where this could lead to some serious problems and rules violations in several areas, down the road. It could also mark several changes in recruiting. If the emphasis turns to poaching players from other teams, it could lead to a war of rules changes.

The 20,000 pound gorilla in the room, the NCAA is incapable of policing. Its not so bad in football, but in hoops it is. AAU & Howard Pulley coaches have the ear or kids and "encouraging" them to enter the portal and move on. At this point it seems to be just fringe kids and more "program guys" than 4-5 star kids due to the fact that 85% of that elite group are one and done anyway. But yes its another recruiting avenue for coaches and kids.....I look no further than some rumors coming out of a certain B1G school that just made a coaching change

The 20,000 pound gorilla in the room, the NCAA is incapable of policing. Its not so bad in football, but in hoops it is. AAU & Howard Pulley coaches have the ear or kids and "encouraging" them to enter the portal and move on. At this point it seems to be just fringe kids and more "program guys" than 4-5 star kids due to the fact that 85% of that elite group are one and done anyway. But yes its another recruiting avenue for coaches and kids.....I look no further than some rumors coming out of a certain B1G school that just made a coaching change
I was looking at all the changes about to happen at Michigan State. Unbelievable.

I was looking at all the changes about to happen at Michigan State. Unbelievable.
Have not read except the Tyson Walker transfer and while a good get he’s not a guy who can change a program

Back