The Creature Feature #3 -- Your Weekly WST.Net CFB Poll

Crease Creature

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
And then there was one, because I refuse to believe Iowa, much less Cincinnati, is in the same universe as Georgia (or still Alabama).

But you can't deny even lying eyes forever. Or at least up to week 7. But the search is for who is really the second best team in the country right now. Is it the Hawkeyes? A hint for all you loyal listeners: look at whose name comes after #2.

#1. Georgia - they just continue to beat the living piss out of everybody. Tomorrow appears to be the battle for the SEC East.

#2. UTS>. Kidding, It's Iowa. You can't fault them for doing what they're supposed to do, and with most of their games coming against Conference foes and a respectable (for now) OOC opponent in ISU... defense can win you know.

#3. Oklahoma - that's the (2nd half) offense we were all expecting, but a come-from-behind-victory-led-by-the-backup couldn't have happened to a less deserving team

#4. Cincinnati - everyone loves them, but they've yet to play a good team. And Notre Dame is not a good team. Notre Dame also has yet to beat a good team.

#5. Oklahoma State - played a bunch of games against teams on the fringe of most top 25 polls, wonder if Texas is in for a let down after a gut-wrenching Red River Shootout loss.

#6. Alabama - it's really hard for me to figure out how far a team that couldn't handle A&M's backup QB, and has been pretty poor defensively all season, should fall. This seems like a good landing spot.

#6. UTSA - for their weightclass, I think they've played the toughest schedule in the nation, and are sitting at 6-0

#7. Kentucky - Also sitting at 6-0, the names they've beaten are notable, but those teams are having dreadfully down years. But still, doing things to get to undefeated at this point means those things are good.

#8. Oregon - still have that win against Ohio State, who has yet to play another good team.

#9. Ohio State - they've been playing angry since Oregon and that inexplicable point total against Minnesota. What the Buckeyes have shown since that loss in September gets them ahead of the next spot.

#10. The winner of the 10/30/21 game between Michigan and Michigan State - both required late game screw-ups to beat Nebraska, MSU looked better against Rutgers, and both team's signature wins (@Wisc, @Miami) are about equal: beating up a team lots of people thought was going to be good.

#11. Penn State - nothing they've done yet has impressed me, but I still like them more than some of the teams behind them.

#12. Wake Forest - I wonder if they'll be undefeated still when they play Clemson?

That's good enough for now!

Thoughts I'm thinking: people are noticing SDSU, but to be honest they've basically played 4 HS teams and won a squeaker against Utah. Coastal Carolina is going to require a deeper look than what I've given them so far. They are dominating a bad (bad bad bad) schedule, but what does it mean? When I do the playoff bracket at the end of the year, if they're still there, I would not be surprised at them getting one of the lowest seeds.

And maybe I should have dropped Ole Miss into the poll, but I would have done so only to talk about Arkansas. I give coaches a lot of credit when they go for the win instead of the tie. I hope that's remembered.

No time for more, a few games already in progress means it's time to get the poll listed!

Back