Ted Thompson steps down as GM the next GM is......

First time poster.
Been lurking for sometime. Been a regular at another site, but have a friend who posts here.

So, who takes TT's place?
Wolf?
Gutekunst?
Highsmith?
Ball?

Or, do they go outside the organization?
Dorsey is off the table, and I think it would cost draft picks to pry Schneider from SEA.
McKenzie isn't leaving OAK.

As much as I like Wolf, and the "bloodlines", I tend to lean a little towards Gutekunst.
Welcome...very glad to have you in our family !

Gutekunst seems to be the hot name. My gut says Murphy might surprise us and go outside the norm. I need to do a lot of homework on that. I wouldn't be surprised if they want to talk to John Schneider

First time poster.
Been lurking for sometime. Been a regular at another site, but have a friend who posts here.

Wolf?
Gutekunst?
Highsmith?
Ball?

Dorsey is off the table, and I think it would cost draft picks to pry Schneider from SEA.

As much as I like Wolf, and the "bloodlines", I tend to lean a little towards Gutekunst.

Welcome!

Brian Gutekunst seems a good name also said that Russ Ball is very well liked.

First time poster.

Wolf?
Gutekunst?
Highsmith?
Ball?

Welcome aboard! Glad you joined in the conversation.

Of all the guys you mentioned, I like Gutekunst and Ball. I remember some teams interviewing Gutekunst and he pulled out of the running. I wonder if they knew this was coming for awhile and he stayed aboard until the announcement was official? Hmmmmmm...interesting!

First time poster.

Wolf?
Gutekunst?
Highsmith?
Ball?

WELCOME!! CLP)br)

Wow. Didn't think we'd see it happen this fast.
Remember, Murphy has stated before that they would use a outside search committee. Murphy is NOT a Packer pure blood, the only green in his veins is $$$$. That might lean it toward Ball with someone else in charge of player personnel. I would envision getting the new GM, who would then hire a DC with MM's blessing. MM is basically put in a one year 'prove it' mode. The new DC might get a wink that he would be considered for HC in a year.

An exciting time in Packer world.

Let's hope they nail it and these last few years don't become the 'good ol' days'.

About time!! But PLEASE tell me they’re not appointing their bonehead coach as king of everything! Capers was a scapegoat for McCarthy’s ineptitude the last few years. If he couldn’t see the problem after the Seattle debacle, then the guy is beyond clueless. Please don’t put him in full charge!!

Schneider would be great and he wants to go home...badly. A powerful defense would be an incredible gift to give Aaron...finally! pc)

Wow. This was unexpected. Never thought he would step down this soon.

I heard in some interviews a while back that MM had no interest in being GM. They way the front office has promoted Wolf a couple of times, it has seemed like they were keeping him around to possibly be the new guy.

This is going to get interesting. Who says nothing happens in the off season? pop(

Usually the Packers offseasons are dull as watching paint dry. Finally have an interesting offseason! I hope they do it right! thumbsup

Back