Taylor Currie announces transfer from Badgers program

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
And then there was one. The 2018 Wisconsin Badgers basketball recruiting class had three players, but in the span of a month there is but one member of that group remaining. On Tuesday, it was announced that 6-8 forward Taylor Currie will transfer from the program after redshirting last season. He joins point guard Tai Strickland in the leaving the program. That also means that 7-foot center Joe...

Source

Continue reading...

Currie was the best of that mediocre class. Not surprised because there had been some rumblings. This is the danger of bringing in someone like Potter, not that I am against him coming to the program. The younger guys see their path blocked and want early playing time. Kids don't want to wait. The odd thing is, I think if the Hauser's don't come to UW, Currie might have been an option this year for some playing time over the next 2 seasons. Maybe this means they are coming ;)

Some are guessing Currie leaving is that UW might be getting the Hauser Bros which would leave Currie with less playing time.

Some are guessing Currie leaving is that UW might be getting the Hauser Bros which would leave Currie with less playing time.
That has been dispelled ...not a factor

Currie was the best of that mediocre class. Not surprised because there had been some rumblings. This is the danger of bringing in someone like Potter, not that I am against him coming to the program. The younger guys see their path blocked and want early playing time. Kids don't want to wait. The odd thing is, I think if the Hauser's don't come to UW, Currie might have been an option this year for some playing time over the next 2 seasons. Maybe this means they are coming ;)
Not to hijack the thread but Hauser’s visit Virginia tomorrow and MSU I believe on the 14th. Iowa did not get a visit so it’s down to 3

EDIT: Virginia has landed a commitment from Indian Hills CC 6-foot-5 versatile guard Tomas Woldetensae....I think they have 3 open slots so not sure if this matters or not

Last edited:
Back