Supreme Court sympathetic to college athletes in NCAA dispute

"The case is not about whether students can be paid salaries. Instead, the outcome will help determine whether schools can offer athletes tens of thousands of dollars in education benefits for things such as computers, graduate scholarships, tutoring, study abroad and internships"

Now that I find hard to believe.

A trio of college basketball players met with NCAA president Mark Emmert on Thursday and asked the association to adopt a temporary blanket waiver that would allow all athletes to make money from endorsement deals next school year while more permanent decisions take shape.

A trio of college basketball players met with NCAA president Mark Emmert on Thursday and asked the association to adopt a temporary blanket waiver that would allow all athletes to make money from endorsement deals next school year while more permanent decisions take shape.
dumb ...dumb...and dummer must be their names

Its just not as simple as a waiver, so many components to this

dumb ...dumb...and dummer must be their names

Its just not as simple as a waiver, so many components to this

This is going to be very interesting to see how all this shakes out. This is some deep stuff and I'm sure, whatever decision or decisions are made, there will be ramifications for years to come.

This is going to be very interesting to see how all this shakes out. This is some deep stuff and I'm sure, whatever decision or decisions are made, there will be ramifications for years to come.
What will be interesting is what happens in the next 4 months. Florida, Georgia and Mississippi laws go into effect July 2021 and I believe California is sometime in 2022. Will the NCAA sue and get an injunction? Will SCOTUS rule soon and / or give guidance? Will the NCAA get off their collective ass and pass legislation to make it uniform? The last question is 90% no so there’s that.

Back