Success, or failure, of Packers rests with Mike McCarthy

so would you rather get paid $7 million to spend time with your family and enjoy life or work 16-days with constant pressure from the media, the gm, and countless thousands of "fans"?
If he got an offer his ass would have been on the first plan there, he didn't because the man had his dad the HS football coach at practice getting involved all the time ( he's a bit strange) The browns are a screwed up franchise but Pettine despite his claims didn't do a whole hell of a lot to help his chances.

The Gannett garbage patrol had that nice fluff piece on Pettine this week but it was just that fluff. He's a FB coach and one that everyone seems to think is pure genius, I just haven't figured out why yet ?

The Gannett garbage patrol had that nice fluff piece on Pettine this week but it was just that fluff. He's a FB coach and one that everyone seems to think is pure genius, I just haven't figured out why yet ?

I haven't either. I saw Green bay's defense get chewed up at times in the preseason so the whole he's the key talk doesn't make sense. He can't do miracles with the personal on this defense.

He needs to have a far better season as game manager, offensive tactician, leader and, for the first time, co-equal with the GM when personnel moves need to be made during the season.
The coaching, the players and the formula just don’t portend an abundance of success this season.

MM the game manager hide)

As always Bob gives a harsh grade to MM and the Packers, if you learn to glean out some of his normal BS Bob makes some points the beat guys won't.
Why I like him and subscribe is he and his staff actually write a story that makes people think and discuss not that canned crap we see now at the press gazette and JSonline. It's too bad because Green Bay used to have the best coverage too. Just my opinion. I agree with him that MM is stale and it's time for a change.

I haven't either. I saw Green bay's defense get chewed up at times in the preseason so the whole he's the key talk doesn't make sense. He can't do miracles with the personal on this defense.
i know it's already been said a thousand times, but we have not actually seen the defense yet. we saw mostly second and third team guys playing totally vanilla schemes. i'm not about to draw any conclusions based on that.

Back