Steve Novak working out, hoping to get back with Bucks

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
After getting hurt shortly after joining the Bucks in February, sharpshooter Steve Novak is a free agent and is waiting to see how the team will fill out its 15-man roster.

Continue reading...

Could be possible he is brought back they really have only 4 forwards on the roster Giannis, Henson, Maker, and Parker on the roster. Also only have 11 guys under contract right now.

Could be possible he is brought back they really have only 4 forwards on the roster Giannis, Henson, Maker, and Parker on the roster. Also only have 11 guys under contract right now.
I have a hard time listing Novak as a forward. I get he's 6-10 but he's averaged 1 rebound per game in his career. He's a on trick poney. He can shoot the 3

Novak might fit at the end of the off-season depending on whether other deals are still made. I would imagine they are still talking to teams about Monroe and perhaps MCW so they might not want to lock into a guy like Novak until they know how things shake out.

Agree he is strictly a small minutes, one-trick pony. Doesn't rebound well but you probably have to consider him a forward. It's sometimes said that "you are what you can defend". Not sure he can defend the "2" so you probably have to use him as a "3" and even that will give him problems. Certain opponents, certain nights you could probably use him at the "3" or "4" for some minutes depending on the opponent and who else is on the floor. You certainly can't give him major minutes at either the "2" or "4" spot I wouldn't think.

Back