Spoelstra needs to be coach of the year

TW

Reaction score
The job he's done with the Heat is amazing. Talk about finding the right rotations, with a team that's facing injury problems, beating the best the league has to offer, repeatedly, in the playoffs. From a play-in team to the NBA Finals? Amazing.

Watching him on the sidelines. So low key, yet intense, and he and his assistants constantly coaching guys after they come off the floor.

This is what it's all about. I'm rooting for them to take it all.

The job he's done with the Heat is amazing. Talk about finding the right rotations, with a team that's facing injury problems, beating the best the league has to offer, repeatedly, in the playoffs. From a play-in team to the NBA Finals? Amazing.

Watching him on the sidelines. So low key, yet intense, and he and his assistants constantly coaching guys after they come off the floor.

This is what it's all about. I'm rooting for them to take it all.
what he's good at is getting his team to play that aggressive defense to the point where they officials don't call any fouls. However, offensively Jimmy Butler got very hot and they got on a roll . . . . combine the two and they're practically unbeatable.

Miami has a solid culture and organization and Spoelstra and Butler fit it perfectly. Tough and intense, especially on defense. They have been to the Finals 6 times in the last 20 years and to the Eastern Conf Finals 9 times in that span. Sure some of it was with LeBron and Wade, but they've been to the Eastern Conf Finals 3 times in the last 4 years with a more ordinary group, though nothing is ordinary about Butler.

I agree that Spoelstra should be Coach of the Year. I hope they win it all.

Back