So, what's the story with Kobe King?

TW

Reaction score
King didn't travel to Iowa for the game. The official reason, from the school, "Personal reasons." It sounds like Kobe is frustrated about something.

I'm not even going to venture a guess on this to be honest, even though I have a few opinions. Let's just say that I understand a lot of the frustrations surrounding this team. They don't look that bad, yet..... here we are...... struggling.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think this is a Sweet 16 team, but see a little more talent on the team than what's playing out in games.

King didn't travel to Iowa for the game. The official reason, from the school, "Personal reasons." It sounds like Kobe is frustrated about something.

I'm not even going to venture a guess on this to be honest, even though I have a few opinions. Let's just say that I understand a lot of the frustrations surrounding this team. They don't look that bad, yet..... here we are...... struggling.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think this is a Sweet 16 team, but see a little more talent on the team than what's playing out in games.
Word is he does "not like the direction of the team". Timing is the thing to me, he went scoreless vs Purdue and got some bench time from Gard, and it was deserved. Classes already started to again odd timing. From what I gather it took everyone by surprise. And the direction of the team is they won 7 out the last 10 prior to last night....hard to win at Iowa playing 5 on 6

Gophers forum has all the answers:

1) He hates playing with Davison
2) He plays too fast
3) WI doesn't like the color of his skin

Wow

Gophers forum has all the answers:

1) He hates playing with Davison
2) He plays too fast
3) WI doesn't like the color of his skin

Wow

3 reasons I don't read many if any fan forums

Well, sounds like he's officially decided to leave the program. Sounds like he feels it's a bad fit. Kind of agree. He'd be probably be better offensively in a more wide open offense.

Well, sounds like he's officially decided to leave the program. Sounds like he feels it's a bad fit. Kind of agree. He'd be probably be better offensively in a more wide open offense.
Yeah agree. In reality he’s a tweener. Not a good enough shooter to play the 2, not a good ball handler and too small to play the 3. And a very poor defender truth told

Back