SM Draft #1

Scoremore12

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I think this fills the holes and some thin spots. Im aware of Joe Mixon's off field issues..but I take the risk on him and I think he is that good and worth the shot.

Rd 1) CHIDOBE AWUZIE, CB
SCHOOL: COLORADO | CONFERENCE: PAC12
COLLEGE EXPERIENCE: SENIOR | HOMETOWN: SAN JOSE, CA
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-0 / 202 LBS.

Rd 2) T.J. WATT, 3-4 OLB
SCHOOL: WISCONSIN | CONFERENCE: BIG10
COLLEGE EXPERIENCE: JUNIOR | HOMETOWN: PEWAUKEE, WI
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-4 / 252 LBS.

Rd 3) JOE MIXON, RB
SCHOOL: OKLAHOMA | CONFERENCE: BIG12
COLLEGE EXPERIENCE: SOPHOMORE | HOMETOWN: OAKLEY, CA
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-1 / 226 LBS.

Rd4) ISAAC ASIATA, C/G
SCHOOL: UTAH | CONFERENCE: PAC12
COLLEGE EXPERIENCE: SENIOR | HOMETOWN: SPANISH FORK, UT
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-3 / 325 LBS.

Rd 5A) JARRON JONES, DT
SCHOOL: NOTRE DAME | CONFERENCE: FBS INDEPENDENTS
COLLEGE EXPERIENCE: SENIOR | HOMETOWN: ROCHESTER, NY
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-6 / 316 LBS.

Rd 5B) JOSH MALONE, WR
SCHOOL: TENNESSEE | CONFERENCE: SEC
COLLEGE EXPERIENCE: JUNIOR | HOMETOWN: GALLATIN, TN
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-3 / 208 LBS.

RD 6) Brendan Langley, CB
SCHOOL: Lamar | CONFERENCE: Southland
COLLEGE EXPERIENCE: SENIOR | HOMETOWN: Marietta, GA
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-0 / 201 LBS

RD 7) JOSH TUPOU, DT
SCHOOL: COLORADO | CONFERENCE: PAC12
COLLEGE EXPERIENCE: SENIOR | HOMETOWN: BUENA PARK, CA
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-3 / 353 LBS

overall, pretty good. i'd be willing to draft mixon in the third if he is still there. i might even take the risk in round two. but i don't think he will be there in round three. i'm also thinking that tj watt will be overvalued by someone and will be off the board long before our second round pick. but this draft is really hard to get a read on. there's very little agreement beyond the first ten picks.

Lots of my favorites. Awuzie fills the bill for position AND TTs Pac12 love affair. He was playing on a bruised heel in his bowl game and looked a little rough, but really like his size. Watt in the second would be a steal. Same for Mixon in the third. Asiata in the fourth makes a great deal of sense, he is a mauler. The last four are all back ups and should stick.
Nice job!

I like the first 5 picks. I don't know enough about the last 3 to say much about them.

Awuzie should be available at that spot along with perhaps other CBs. It's kind of a question which direction to go in.

I don't believe Watt will make it that far. He's a tough call. #29 is probably too early, #61 is likely too late.

I don't like Mixon as a "person", but maybe a couple of non-choir boys would be OK. I think the locker room is a strong enough group to deal with him. He may well fall. Some teams just don't want to deal with domestic abusers so he may go later than his talent would says he should go. I'm kind of betting someone takes him late in Rd 2. A good team who can gamble a little.

Back