Saying goodbye to my best friend

rpiotr01

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Wanted to share the sad news that we said goodbye to my sweet Ellie on Thursday. For the past month she had a persistent limp that would get a little better, then worse, then better, then worse but just wouldn't go away. After a few rounds of X-rays we determined that it was almost certainly bone cancer. Rather than put her through additional tests to confirm for certain, or loading her up on pain meds to try to keep her around longer, we did what we think and hope and pray was in her best interest and let her go rather than continue to be in pain and discomfort.

Dogs like Ellie, we don't get to keep them around forever. We just get to borrow them from the good lord for a few years, but boy do those precious years fly by. I'm so grateful for all the good years and good times we had together, she's been my constant companion through so much in life and I already miss her dearly.

We will meet again some day, but until then, run free and rest easy my sweet girl.

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
Ellie is running free today over the rainbow bridge.... she is with you always. I am so very sorry for your loss, they make such a huge impact on our lives. Your in our thoughts and prayers.

Packinatl

Mark
My thoughts are prayers are with you. Had to put my lab down a few years ago do to hip and leg issues and he just did not have a quality of life.....run free

Last edited:

HowardK4

We had a male greyhound with the same coloring 20 years ago. His name was Coaster . . . . he was the first dog I've ever had to put down . . . I still get tears in my eyes thinking about him.

TW

According to Native American legend, when a human dies, there is a Bridge he or she must cross in order to enter Heaven. At the head of this Bridge waits every animal that the individual encountered during his or her lifetime. Based upon what they know of this person, the animals will decide which humans may cross the Bridge and which will be turned away.

She will be waiting there, for you, and you will cross the bridge together. I'm sorry for your loss..

dannobanano

Draft Guru
2020 Draft Guru
They truly become a member of your family, and they teach us what "unconditional love and devotion" REALLY IS.
After 3 miniature schnauzers, and our current yellow lab (Lena), we know what they mean to a family.

I'm so sorry for your loss, but know this...……….that Ellie will always love you, as you love her.

Scoremore12

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Knowing first hand how hard this is, sorry for your loss. Our dogs are part of the family and are such loyal and unconditionally loving companions.