S Sean Richardson has serious neck injury, career in jeopardy

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Green Bay - Green Bay Packers safety Sean Richardson has suffered a herniated disk in his neck for the second time in his career and will be lost for the season, according to a source who was informed of the safety's condition.

Continue reading...

The man should retire. He had one neck injury already.

Football is not worth having serious health issues.

Good luck, Sean.

Well, that's not good for anyone. Bad for the team because we're not exactly hip-deep in safeties, and bad for Sean because if he has any sense at all he'll never play football again.

Thanks for your efforts here, Sean, and best of luck with whatever comes next in your life. And Ted - best get online and start checking out who's available. We can't afford to lose another safety.

For his sake, I hope he retires. It's not worth the risk.

I agree, he should probably retire, but it's not my call so let the doctors and Sean make the call and the Packers can simply not play him anymore and obviously not bring him back.

If I'm Ted, I'm not scanning the streets for safeties just yet. The still have 4 safeties for the 2nd half of the season assuming Burnett comes back after the bye. That's enough if there are no more injuries. At this point I feel confident enough in Randall and Rollins that if Hyde has to move to safety full-time and not be used in the slot and as the dime corner, that those 2 guys will get it done.

Been thinking about this for a while and now is as good a time as any....

Not to be too critical, but Richardson didn't seem to contribute much so far this year. I know he'd been a special teams player, but we seem to have other young guys stepping up quite well. So good luck Mr Richardson, thanks for your contributions. At safety, our 'next man up' seems more than capable and might even be better. IMO

I really believe that the Pack sees Randall as a safety in the future. IIRC, Sharper spent his first year at CB also. It helps develop their coverage skills and uses their natural gifts while they hone the mental side of playing safety in the NFL.
With Randall moving to safety (next Year) we still have two promising rookie CBs in Gunter and Rollins. I really get a Nick Collins feel for Randall at safety and I believe we have him helping out deep on some of our prevent defenses. That said, we seem to be sitting well as far as secondary personnel goes.

Back