Ryan Day? Is he leaving Ohio State?

TW

Reaction score
There are rumors that this may well be Ryan Day's last year as the Ohio State head football coach. Unless they beat Michigan, and do well in the college playoffs, he's more than likely going to be dismissed, or quit.

As a Badgers fan, I find that a little disconcerting. Why? Because I believe Fickell is going to be asked if he wants the job, and quite honestly, I don't see him turning it down. Especially now, since there isn't as much NIL money out there to bring in bigger fish to the Badger pond, to play football. If that happens, the Badger program is going to be in deep trouble, because it will be shell shock to the program, and some of the top players brought in are obviously going to jump ship.

Let's face it. If Fickell can win 10 games this year with the Badger program, he's going to be looked at as a big fish in the coaching market, and I doubt the OSU decision makers would pass on a guy who's looked at that job as his ambition in life.

We need to start being prepared for a complete breakdown on the team in one year. It's a strong possibility it could happen.

If Fickell can have a 10 win season perhaps OSU goes after him he has a 7-8 win season I think OSU goes after a bigger name for the program.

A. I don't think Fick gets asked for that job anymore, big time hunch on my part. B. I think Day stays, Why? He'll beat the crap out of Michigan this yr and for several yrs, they lost their HC and a ton of talent. Beat Michigan, and everyone's happy.

tc(

A. I don't think Fick gets asked for that job anymore, big time hunch on my part. B. I think Day stays, Why? He'll beat the crap out of Michigan this yr and for several yrs, they lost their HC and a ton of talent. Beat Michigan, and everyone's happy.

tc(
I think this is spot on. OSU is always highly stocked and as you said, they will have another 10 year run of pummeling Michigan. Harbaugh built that team for that 4 year run and I don't think they restocked, not even close, to compete with OSU.

Also, as you said, I don't think, if Day does go, they would go with Fick. I just dont.

Lots of talk that even if OSU reaches the final 4, and loses, that's not good enough for the faithful. It might be Day himself, who pulls the plug. But, we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I have a hunch Fick is not going to sit still and watch his program at Wisconsin grind to a halt because they can't get enough money into NIL to make it a top program.

He's a recruiter, and with the NIL money from an OSU, he will turn it into gold for them.

But, we all have our own opinion.

Lots of talk that even if OSU reaches the final 4, and loses, that's not good enough for the faithful. It might be Day himself, who pulls the plug. But, we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I have a hunch Fick is not going to sit still and watch his program at Wisconsin grind to a halt because they can't get enough money into NIL to make it a top program.

He's a recruiter, and with the NIL money from an OSU, he will turn it into gold for them.

But, we all have our own opinion.
Fick had to know when he came to UW that NIL was going to be limited.

I don't think anybody anticipated the insanity of NIL or the impact it would have on transfers. Schools are merely leasing players now.

I would hate to lose Coach Fick. But, really, if he can't get players because they're going elsewhere for the bucks; he ain't taking us to the promised land.

We used to be solidly thought of as competing against Penn State for 3d in the conference and sometimes a challenge for the conference. I think we're predicted no higher than 9th.

Bucky is going to have a hard time with NIL. We will be a sleeper team that should get beat on paper but many won't want to play

• Sad
Reactions: TW
Back