Rodgers Takes 35 Million Dollar Pay Cut

It is incredibly obnoxious and infuriating in my opinion.

The talk about how GREAT it is to be around a FO like the Jets that treats him so great and the communication is there...fine, That's his new team.

All the "this is definitely more than a one year thing, they committed to me," also annoying given he's set the record for highest paid player in NFL history THRICE. But again, ok. New team.

But NOW after 18 years with the Green Bay Packers, he takes a 35 MILLION dollar pay cut while bleeding the Packers for every last cent? That's his right, good for the Jets...but had he been willing to do that in Green Bay, Davante Adams could have still been here(and they could have kept Douglas, Campbell, etc...).

It doesn't damper my outlook on this team and how I'm excited, but it does show me that sooo much of this was truly about his ego. The Jets are willing to cater to him and everything he wants and I don't think he loses a penny at the end of the day, but he'll certainly help the team.

Sure, we should focus on the Packers, but...this feels like a slap in the face. Which I suppose was the entire point.

So see Rodgers won't play in pre-season game tonight and people are saying he might not play at all this pre-season. Ok new team would you at least not want to get some live reps in a pre-season game to try to get timing down with your WRs and run some plays since it's a new offense to most of those guys?

So see Rodgers won't play in pre-season game tonight and people are saying he might not play at all this pre-season. Ok new team would you at least not want to get some live reps in a pre-season game to try to get timing down with your WRs and run some plays since it's a new offense to most of those guys?
Don't care....not our monkey's not our circus

Back