Rodgers should have NEVER been activated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TW

Reaction score
Okay! I know the drill! "You do everything to win today!"

That's pure bull! Sorry! It is! There's two things you don't do. You don't play players who could become more seriously injured, and end their careers. You also don't put winning ahead of the health and safety of anyone on the field, or sidelines. It's the whole reason they put in concussion protocols. They had to, because teams wanted to win at "all costs," and for decades, have endangered players, and now look at all those with severe brain damage who are nearing the end of their lives with so many problems.

Because of moves like activating Rodgers, then putting him back on IR, the league will start to look at an independent panel of doctors who will determine if a guy is really ready to go back on the field. It won't be doctors associated with the teams, it will be NFL doctors, and they'll do what they should - opt on the side of health and safety, keeping players out, if they're not totally ready to go.

If you say; "Rodgers wasn't hurt worse than he was!," you and I don't know that for sure, and never will, because the Packers will never admit to it, nor will Rodgers, because of the ramifications. The whole thing is a stain on what this front office and coaching staff has done.

I played the game, and when I got a concussion, the trainer handed me a freaking hand full of aspirins to numb the pain. It numbed the pain, but it also thinned my blood to a dangerous level, and I was just damned lucky to not have anything happen to me because of it. That's how the game was played, but it was never right.

If there's one thing that will end the game of football, it will be the way people view it as a game where you play with severe injuries, or end up being called a wuss. The fact is, it's a violent game, and there needs to be more concerns for injuries from illegal, and uncalled for hits that should have never happened.

I'm a believer that; if you hit a guy illegally, and he ends up on IR, you should be suspended for the same amount of time, without pay, and a forfeiture of bonus money equal to that period of time, and a fine on top of it. I know that sounds drastic, but you cannot look past the safety of the players. It has to be priority one.

Just my opinion.

Did Rodgers re-injure his shoulder? The only reason he is being IR'd is they are out of contention. If they would have won last week, he'd be back on the field this week. Rodgers was medically cleared to play. McKenzie doesn't clear players unless they are ready.

It is not a stain on the front office. It was a collarbone. It was not career threatening. I know we all get our opinion, but ARod at 80% gave our team the best chance of winning. We lost and the playoffs are gone. So now they put him on IR because THAT is in the best interest of the team moving forward. Like Eye said, if we would have won last week? He'd be playing again this week.

The Packers are renown for their conservative approach to injury, so don't take the Marty Bennett approach and try to paint them as risk takers- they aren't. There are plenty of things this front office should be held accountable for, but in MY opinion this is not one of them.

Did Rodgers re-injure his shoulder? The only reason he is being IR'd is they are out of contention. If they would have won last week, he'd be back on the field this week. Rodgers was medically cleared to play. McKenzie doesn't clear players unless they are ready.

So if they are medically cleared to play, do they have to suffer another injury to get IR'd? Or does the team have the discretion to IR anyone for any reason at any Time? Serious question as I have no idea the IR protocol.

So if they are medically cleared to play, do they have to suffer another injury to get IR'd? Or does the team have the discretion to IR anyone for any reason at any Time? Serious question as I have no idea the IR protocol.

Pretty sure they can shut anyone down at any time due to a hangnail. IR is manipulated as a roster tool all the time.

OK! You didn't like what I said. That's good, because in all honesty, I don't believe they would have activated him if they felt he would be reinjured. I also believe that they put him back on IR, only because the season is lost, and it would be better for him to fully rehab to full strength than run the risk of any other injury. Why would you put your franchise at risk? Still, exactly what is the specified reason he's back on IR? I'd like to know, not just say the season is over because we aren't in the playoffs. There'd be a lot of guys around the league on IR if that was the case, even for a hang-nail.

But, what I said about the league taking a look at guys on and off the IR list, it might signal the start of something new, where they expand their rosters by adding guys to IR around the league, so they can try out more guys at the end of the season. Is it bad? I personally think it's smart, if you can do it. I see this move with Rodgers as a way of them seeing if Callahan could do anything to help them, and it gives them a little more time to either showcase, or determine if Hundley sticks next year.

I'm also a believer in the philosophy of you "play to win." Yet, I do consider health over the w/l column.

Now, you can put another "disagree" out here Scoremore. It tells me I'm doing something right. rofl(

OK! You didn't like what I said. That's good, because in all honesty, I don't believe they would have activated him if they felt he would be reinjured. I also believe that they put him back on IR, only because the season is lost, and it would be better for him to fully rehab to full strength than run the risk of any other injury. Why would you put your franchise at risk? Still, exactly what is the specified reason he's back on IR? I'd like to know, not just say the season is over because we aren't in the playoffs. There'd be a lot of guys around the league on IR if that was the case, even for a hang-nail.

But, what I said about the league taking a look at guys on and off the IR list, it might signal the start of something new, where they expand their rosters by adding guys to IR around the league, so they can try out more guys at the end of the season. Is it bad? I personally think it's smart, if you can do it. I see this move with Rodgers as a way of them seeing if Callahan could do anything to help them, and it gives them a little more time to either showcase, or determine if Hundley sticks next year.

I'm also a believer in the philosophy of you "play to win." Yet, I do consider health over the w/l column.

Now, you can put another "disagree" out here Scoremore. It tells me I'm doing something right. rofl(
This is a complete flip flop from the first statement/title of the thread. So were you just (REMOVED BY MOD) in the first if this is what you truly believe? It seems you even disagree with yourself on this point.

As far as moving guys to IR so they can look at other players, it is nothing new. It's been done forever now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure they can shut anyone down at any time due to a hangnail. IR is manipulated as a roster tool all the time.

Thanks eye! I've always wondered how IR worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back