Rodgers MVP?

TW

Reaction score
I'm not calling Rodgers the MVP. Just pointing out some interesting stats. He's 5th in passing yardage. His QB rating is #1. He has 33 TD passes, to lead the league. The Packers are one of the winningest teams in the NFL, despite having a shortage of WRs, and a defense that resembles Swiss cheese. Obviously, Rodgers is doing something right.

If this continues, it's going to be hard not hearing his name come up during the upcoming weeks. It doesn't matter how flashy someone like Mahomes is. It all depends on what you do with what you've got. If anyone is called an over achiever this year, and lifting their team, Rodgers would definitely have to be in the mix of that discussion.

There's still time left and it could go either way. But you can't take away how good he's playing.

Mahomes is playing at a whole different level than AR is.... not even close right now. Rodgers plays really well vs okay and average defenses but him up against the Colts or Bucs with speed and pressure and it's a different story.

Mahomes is playing at a whole different level than AR is.... not even close right now. Rodgers plays really well vs okay and average defenses but him up against the Colts or Bucs with speed and pressure and it's a different story.
But that's not just him - good defenses give the line issues and he doesn't have time. But yes, he can get frustrated when he gets pressure.

Coming into the game I thought I kept hearing it said that CHI was one of the better defenses in the league.
Did I hear wrong?

Obviously, Rodgers is doing something right.
EoFLJPCW4AMa9Nb

to be fair though, mahomes has a lot more talent around him than rodgers. not just a little. rodgers has adams and who else? if you're talking about the most valuable individual player to his team, rodgers should be a strong consideration.

to be fair though, mahomes has a lot more talent around him than rodgers. not just a little. rodgers has adams and who else? if you're talking about the most valuable individual player to his team, rodgers should be a strong consideration.

You can argue that Kelce is the equivalent of Adams, and then what does GB have that even approaches Hill, or Watkins, or Hardman? I'm not arguing for or against Rodgers as MVP. I'm just pleased he's playing as well as he has since second half of 2016.

Speaking of MVP candidates (everybody loves TB12) . . . I love how everyone is blaming Arians for Tom Brady's lack of recent success. Yes, I know they're not running the ball very much, but Tommy boy has been erratic since beating the Packers. I'm not saying Arians is great, but stop with the Brady is blameless talk.

Back