Reggie Gilbert - traded to the Titans for a 7th Rd pick

57packer

Reaction score
Minor surprise for me. I thought they'd keep 5 OLBs for sure, since they typically will rotate 4 guys in a game. With Gilbert gone the candidates for the 5th spot seem to be Greg Roberts or Brady Sheldon. I think I saw an article mentioning Sheldon as having some upside, but he's kinda scrawney for an outside backer. Guess I'll be watching those back-up OLBs a little harder tonight. I though the top-5 were set so wasn't even thinking about that position much.

Seems like an odd choice to me to trade Gilbert, but they must have felt they had a 5th guy so they were going to cut him anyway. At least this way they got "something" for him, though the odds are a mid-seventh round pick likely won't get you much.

Do you mean Randy Ramsey instead of Sheldon? Sheldon has been playing ILB during camp/preseason. Ramsey is 6-3/238, so on the scrawny side for a Pettine OLB.
Roberts is on PUP so he’d have to be activated prior to Friday, otherwise he’s locked in to PUP for first 6 weeks of season.

I think Crawford could make it now. Gilbert was mostly a ST player and Crawford made it last year as a ST standout so maybe he makes roster again as a ST player.

My one trip to GB last fall (on business), I was sitting at the 1919 Kitchen and Tap with a colleague from our sales team, and James Crawford sat down next to us (I guess they actually encourage the players to stop in periodically). Anyway, since then I've been pulling for him!

Could be Ramsey that was mentioned danno. I didn't pay much attention because I thought they were 5 deep and set. Did not realize Roberts was on PUP.

Back