reality's first mock of 2018

realitybytes

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
for someone who hasn't seen a lot of college football this year and has to rely heavily on opinions from draft sites and youtube highlight videos, this is a tough year. there doesn't seem to be any consensus anywhere past the first few picks in the draft. so go ahead and laugh wherever you feel appropriate if you think i have us drafting someone in round five that you've seen rated as a round two pick. i'm sure i've got some head-scratchers in here.

round 1: roquan smith, linebacker - georgia 6'1", 225#

a true sideline-to-sideline player, smith amassed 137 tackles with 6.5 sacks, 11.5 tackles for a loss, one forced fumble and two passes broken up in 2017. on one of those passes broken up, he was 20+ yards downfield and made a touchdown saving tip in the end zone. he could line up in any linebacker position, similar to matthews.

round 2: dj chark, wide receiver - lsu 6'3", 196#

i originally had the packers taking him in the third round, but he's climbing the boards fast, especially after his huge performance in the senior bowl. there's some conflicting data out there, so i won't know for sure what's true about his speed. i've seen estimates ranging from 4.39 to 4.56. but he sure looks fast to me. i know he's not the most polished route runner, so hopefully he doesn't end up being another jeff janis.

round 3: holton hill, cornerback - texas 6'2", 200#

i know, i know - character red flag! look, i don't know the story behind why he was suspended. all i know is he was on fire for the longhorns right up to that point. he's big, he's fast, he hits hard. and he is going to be a bargain in the third round.

round 3 (comp): troy fumagalli, tight end - wisconsin 6'6", 248#

homer pick. route running, ball skills, able and willing blocker. those are his assets. speed and athleticism, not so much. but i have a hunch he would make rodgers very happy.

round 4: uchenna nwosu, olb - usc 6'2", 240#

this is one of those guys that i might have too deep in the draft. he may be a second round pick for all i know. but several draft sites have him as round 3 - 5. in 2017 he had 75 tackles with 11.5 tackles for a loss, 9.5 sacks, one interception and 13 passes broken up.

round 5: okay, we have four picks in round five if my info is correct. i'm not going to go into great detail from here on. i'm sure you guys know how to do google searches and look up youtube videos.

a - natrelle jamerson, s- wisconsin 6'0", 198# 51 tackles, 10 passes broken up and two interceptions. also played some cornerback as well as returning kicks. high iq and character.

b - breeland speaks, de - ole miss 6'3" 285# strong at the point of attack and also has some speed with athleticism.

c - darren carrington ii, wr - utah 6'2" 195# 70 catches for 980 yards and six touchdowns on the season.

d - cole madison, ot - washington state 6'5", 314# right tackle for the nations 2nd best college passing attack.

round 6: kyle lauletta, qb - richmond 6'3", 215# small school prospect that showed up big in the senior bowl.

round 7: brendan mahone, g/ot - penn state 6'4", 315# started at both guard and tackle, was a tackle in 2017, opening holes for saquaon barkley.

First things first lets quit saying Smith can play all the LBer positions. way to many ppl are saying this. That is not true. He can play all the 4-3 positions and hes ILBer in the 3-4. he is not by any means a 3-4 olb or a pass rusher off the edge. a guy that could play any lb spot is Edmunds.

2 nobody should be laughing at any mocks bc we really don't know and any info on prospects is great. we sure can disagree but I wouldn't laugh at someones mock.

good group. Smith is a fan fav and for good reason. Nobody would be upset with the pick.

Chark made some money this week. IDK much about him but when I hear a good route runner who constantly gets separation I think Greg Jennings and we need that.

great overall group that hits needs and adds some good talent. would be happy with it for sure

I love Smith! But everything I've read, and all the mocks I've looked at indicate he will be long gone by the time GB gets to pick at #14.

If they didn't have so many holes to fill, I would be willing to sacrifice a couple picks to move up to get him. This is where Hundley (as trade bait) would have come in handy..............if only! :(

I like this draft, as I've liked all the others that have been posted so far. I especially like to read peoples thoughts on players. Helps me gain perspective.

A couple of your picks I'm going to have to check out, as I know little/nothing about them.

Based on his Senior Bowl performance, I have some doubt as to whether Lauletta will still be around in the 6th round. But if he was, it could be the SOD pick.FCC(

First things first lets quit saying Smith can play all the LBer positions. way to many ppl are saying this. That is not true. He can play all the 4-3 positions and hes ILBer in the 3-4. he is not by any means a 3-4 olb or a pass rusher off the edge. a guy that could play any lb spot is Edmunds.

Small tangent here but seeing how these two test at the combine will be interesting. Seems like a situation where if Edmunds really knocks it out of the park athletically he's going to jump into the top 10 based on size/speed alone, and maybe push Smith down a little. If they both knock it out they BOTH could be gone by 14.

RPIOTR01, I agree that if at the combine they(Smith & Edmunds) knock it out of the park, number wise, then we as non professional talent evaluators will have gained knowledge of where the speed/weight/ agility/power should rank them. We still have not sat down and interviewed them as human beginning and thus do not have intelligent/ for lack of better word (Packer People) i.e. character, and desire to factor in to the rankings. With all that said, they may be top ten athletically and position wise, there combine numbers will reaffirm this to us.
If they are top ten, then who is going to fall to 14? The QB situation and potential trades and moves will also cause unforeseen moves before we select at 14, if we even stay at 14. Gute is not TT. And I thought that picking at 14 would make it a lot easier to figure out who we would select? A lot less variables at 14 than at 30 but still to many for me.

I would flip if the Packers had this draft!! Nicely done!! thumbsup

Never heard of the Nwosu kid...but that film was very impressive!

Back