Raptors 105, Bucks 99: Milwaukee on brink of elimination

BucksFeed

Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The Raptors have won three straight in the series and the Bucks will be playing to save their season in Game 6 on Saturday night in Toronto.

bucks

Continue reading...

Another weird box score. Middleton with 6pts in 36 minutes. The bench contributes nothing outside of George Hill. Mirotic was brought in to hit some 3's and he's an o-fer. If Bud doesn't figure something out they may be done.

Overall. Leonard is showing he's "the man" out there. Giannis, not quite so much. He's still got some things he needs to work on. Toronto knows where he's going and what he's doing on every play.

Any thoughts Middleton had of "max" type money should be gone IMO. He's a really good player, but to me this is always how he's been in his career. Plays really well most of the game but isn't a guy who can consistently get you tough points in close, late-game situations. Now that the pressure is on both physically (Toronto's defense) and mentally (season on the line) he's not to be found. This is an argument I had many time with my dad. He's Michael Redd all over again - do not pay him like a superstar.

Another weird box score. Middleton with 6pts in 36 minutes. The bench contributes nothing outside of George Hill. Mirotic was brought in to hit some 3's and he's an o-fer. If Bud doesn't figure something out they may be done.

Overall. Leonard is showing he's "the man" out there. Giannis, not quite so much. He's still got some things he needs to work on. Toronto knows where he's going and what he's doing on every play.

Any thoughts Middleton had of "max" type money should be gone IMO. He's a really good player, but to me this is always how he's been in his career. Plays really well most of the game but isn't a guy who can consistently get you tough points in close, late-game situations. Now that the pressure is on both physically (Toronto's defense) and mentally (season on the line) he's not to be found. This is an argument I had many time with my dad. He's Michael Redd all over again - do not pay him like a superstar.
I agree let Middleton walk guy is a ok player but not worth the money he wants let him walk I would rather pay Brogdon and keep him then overrated Middleton guy goes hot and cold way to much to pay.

To me the difference is defense and to some degree that’s on Bud. Rotations are awful how you allow Lopez to switch on Powell or Van Fleet is beyond me. On offense Giannis needs to make better decisions out of double teams. Again I like Bud as a coach but his adjustments have been head scratchers.

I guess I look at Middleton different. He’s a much better defender than he gets credit for. Not going to put one game in a vacuum but as bad as he was last night he was fantastic in game 4. If he has a flaw it’s guys like Siakam who has length give him problems.

Last edited:
It's over for the Bucks.

I have no confidence in them winning in Toronto. Their confidence is gone and I think the tight locker room we thought they had has now crumbled because of the losses.

I hope Budholzer and the team can look at the tapes and figure this out but they have not figured it out for 3 games now. Best chance for the Bucks to win a title since 1971 and they have had a melt down.

It's over for the Bucks.

I have no confidence in them winning in Toronto. Their confidence is gone and I think the tight locker room we thought they had has now crumbled because of the losses.

I hope Budholzer and the team can look at the tapes and figure this out but they have not figured it out for 3 games now. Best chance for the Bucks to win a title since 1971 and they have had a melt down.
It’s a matchup issue to be honest. If you go small then you get exposed on the glass and if you keep the same group on the floor then you expose Lopez and / Or Mirotic switching and having to guard Powell or Lowry. They tried to matchup small last night and got killed on the boards and then on the flip side Lopez switching on a guard was a disaster.

I don’t think the locker room is at all impacted. Part of the issue is that a run and gun game predicated on the 3 does not translate well in the playoffs. Just ask Houston. The reason it works for GS is that they have 3 legit scorers who can break down a half court defense and Green is such a good defensive big that he can guard the perimeter unlike Lopez.

Do I think it’s over no. Maybe a 20% chance we win Saturday. But if we get off to a quick start, hit a few 3’s the pressure shifts to Toronto, they don’t want a game 7. It’s playing with a bit of house money.

Toronto will get swept by Golden State. Book it.

I don't think Toronto is that good.
Without Durant no. GS in 5. And I think Toronto is very good not great but very good. Very athletic and play fantastic defense. Most talented no. But sum of the parts make them very good

The Bucks have to do a 180. Packatl is right, their defense has been atrocious the last 3 games. Their offense is almost as bad. Because it's tough, they lost confidence and are playing stupid. 1 Buck is driving into 3-4 Raptors as they collapse around them and envelope the Buck. The Bucks need to pass at least one step earlier before their drive closes the passing and shooting lanes. And, too many of the Bucks appear afraid to shoot. They need to take the shots, hopefully they'll hit and their confidence will come back. And, Giannis has to make free throws, what's he shooting 40-45%?

If the Bucks bench, other than Hill, can contribute, and if Toronto's bench scoring returns to "normal", the Bucks have a chance. When you have guys like VanVleet going 7 of 9 from 3 pt land it has an impact.

Back