Quick Slants Week 16

Titletown Soundoff

Reaction score
Quick Slants Week 16, by James Korsmo

Breaking News: I am now the proud weekly writer of Quick Slants. However, I will spend every week continuing my quest to just keep Jeremy’s spot warm.

• Not Packers related, but thank you Atlanta Falcons. Your win does nothing for us, but it makes me very happy on a personal level.
  • Friends, I have been watching the Packers for a long time. But I have never, ever, and I mean EVER seen worse offensive line play. There are no English words to describe how poorly they played, so I am going to make one up right now: Garpathutridly.
  • On the bright side, Aaron got to do some cardio today.
  • FAKE PUNT
  • IT WORKED
  • FIRE SLOCUM
  • PUT MASTHAY IN AT WIDE RECEIVER
  • I’m sure Don Barclay is a nice guy. He seems like he tries hard, and cares about his job. The only problem is that he is absolutely awful at everything he does all the time for infinity.
  • Mike Daniels is the polar opposite of Don Barclay.
  • Just when you think the offense might pull out of it’s spiral for a minute, they leap back in headfirst with a weight belt on. Daniels’ interception put the Packers in position to make it a one score game going into halftime, and Aaron Rodgers throws a pick in the end zone. Just inexcusable.
  • Much like last week the defense gave up a big play right before halftime. It’s like Groundhog Day, only with Gary Busey instead of Bill Murray.
  • Death, taxes, James Starks fumble.
  • Today was the first time in my entire life I have ever advocated taking out the starting quarterback of my favorite football team because I was legitimately terrified he might die. This is not hyperbole.
  • Let’s face it, Arizona is a much better team than the Packers. But there was no reason that the game shouldn’t have been competitive. The offense was putrid, just an amalgamation of terrible blocking, terrible route running, bad play calls, they just absolutely sucked. There’s no way to make it pretty. It is what it is. Why did it take until they were losing by 30 for the Packers to throw a screen pass? It’s mind boggling.
  • After the 3rd and goal pass to Davante Adams in the 4th quarter where the ball went right through his hands, TJ Lang was caught on camera looking at Aaron Rodgers and saying “Why were you throwing to him?” Folks, that is what we call discord. I don’t like the look of it at all.
  • The defense started hot. They were playing very well up until the middle of the 2nd quarter. Arizona’s offense has so many weapons, it really was only a matter of time before they started exploiting the Packers deficiencies. Honestly, it’s difficult to read too much into the Packers defensive performance today since the offense gave them no chance.
  • Special teams was unspectacular, but played well up until Jeff Janis completely whiffed on Patrick Peterson, who was in mid freaking leap catching an onside kick. He was the only Cardinal within 3 yards of the ball, too.
  • I came into the game predicting a win but expecting a loss, if that makes any sense (spoiler alert: not much I think makes sense). I didn’t expect to be decimated this badly. In the interest of holding out hope, I’m going to say that maybe this is exactly what this team needed. Denver was a wake up call, but the Packers were able to keep the other losses close, so it was easy for them to pretend that nothing was wrong. Perhaps today will be the catalyst for whatever changes this team needs. I have my own personal opinions on what those changes are, but those are best suited for another article. Or chapter book.

Thank you for reading. James Korsmo is Lead Humor Writer at Titletown Sound Off. You can follow him on Twitter @jksub20. For even more Packers content, follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook.

Continue reading @http://titletownsoundoff.com/ ...

This is hilarious!

Thanks. Somehow it makes this fiasco a bit easier to deal with. :)

I missed pretty much all of the first half, but did hear the AR pick in the end zone on the radio driving home from work. The defense gave them a chance and then they threw it away - was not surprised the Cardinals scored on the next series. Pretty much figured the game was over at that point. Wasted a couple of hours watching the rest of the game when I got home, knowing they were in over their heads. I do not see a deep playoff run and suspect the season could be over in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for a couple of chuckles to ease the frustration.

Back