RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Hundley may be too attractive to others if he’s sent to practice squad

home

Continue reading...

I don't think there is a chance Hundley is cut

I don't think there is a chance Hundley is cut

I tend to agree. Although you can find someone of Hundley's level in every draft. So losing him is no big deal. But as a draft pick I think he stays.

We will know more in a couple weeks. I'm not ready to declare him roster ready off of one pre-season game. I still don't think he's worth a roster spot when you have other areas where it would be better to keep more guys.

Probably comes down to how Tolzein plays. If Tolzein is rock solid over next 2 pre-season games no need to use a spot on Hundley.

I too think we'll keep 3 QBs. Is Blanchard still eligible for the PS?

I tend to agree. Although you can find someone of Hundley's level in every draft. So losing him is no big deal. But as a draft pick I think he stays.

We will know more in a couple weeks. I'm not ready to declare him roster ready off of one pre-season game. I still don't think he's worth a roster spot when you have other areas where it would be better to keep more guys.

Probably comes down to how Tolzein plays. If Tolzein is rock solid over next 2 pre-season games no need to use a spot on Hundley.

Not about this year, it's about the next couple years. Tolzien on a one year deal, he puts good tape out there he's gone next year to a fight for a starting spot. Hundley under contract for a couple years. If he looks OK this preseason you keep him around, develop him and keep that backup spot under control for a few seasons.

Frankly I think there was a very very slim chance for Hundley to NOT make the roster. He'd have to be absolutely putrid for them to cut bait this early.

Hundley will be on the 53 man roster. The Pack won't cut a rookie they traded up to get!
Remember, they didn't just draft him, they traded up to snag him in the 5th round. Soooo, he's really at least two draft picks rolled into one.

Hundley will be on the 53 man roster. The Pack won't cut a rookie they traded up to get!
Remember, they didn't just draft him, they traded up to snag him in the 5th round. Soooo, he's really at least two draft picks rolled into one.

This. Exactly! gp((

I too think we'll keep 3 QBs. Is Blanchard still eligible for the PS?

If they keep 3 QB's on 53 I see zero chance they carry another on the PS as there will be no snaps for him to take in practice.

Agree with pretty much everyone on Hundley. I always work under the premise that TT will keep all his draft choices unless it's a pick in Rd 5 or later that is just totally a skrew-up or is completely overwhelmed. Picks in the first 4 rounds are essentially automatically on the roster.

It's why Hundley will make the roster. It's also why I see the only draft pick that is in any danger is Backman who they might try to sneak onto the PS. Ripkowski keeps coming up and it does make some sense that with the FB position in such low demand that you might get him onto the PS. However, it seems like he's already taken his special teams role to heart and they may keep him instead of an extra TE for that role so they can say they weren't just paying lip service to improving special teams.

Back