Postgame Thread, GB edges out Cleveland for a Christmas Day win.

Heflin and Slaton we're playing. They did not do much good seeing we gave up 219 yards on the ground.
I saw Slaton but not Heflin. I like Keke, but against a running team, we need to contain. Little more of this, less of that.

They went into an up tempo, not let us sub at times. Gotta figger that out.

Most of my focus after the game was initially on the porus defense. Ironically, before the game Troy Ackman was talking about how the Packers' run defense was not good and they went out and proved him right. Where was the run stopping defense we saw earlier this season. They do not inspire confidence moving forward.

But on top of that the offense must have decided that the game was over in the 3rd quarter and went home. How many 3 and outs did they have? I was not crazy about the play-calling. They just look out of sync. I hope they get this stuff fixed or we may be disappointed once again.
The offense was the problem imo. Need to at least drain clock.

Someone is coaching him because he's playing better than in college, still, he'll have some rough patches at times. Rookie.
Jerry Gray doing wonders with him still think GB screwed up not giving him DC job.

Saw post today I did not notice until now the sticker on Rodgers 443 TD football says 433 not 443.

aaron-rodgers-ball-mistake.jpg
No wonder Aaron gave it to Favre's grandkid!! thumbsup :cool:

What I like most about Stokes is that he appears to be so easy to coach, and seems to learn from his mistakes. You may beat him once, but the second time around, he seems ready, having made adjustments. His game is going to be a lot better next year.

I know this may sound a little out of reach, but he may become the best we've had out there since Charles Woodson. Time will tell.

Any thoughts on Stokes so far?

I think he has trouble adjusting to deep balls sometimes but has the speed to cover alot of WRs. Overall I would say we cannot complain too much with what the rookie has done. Especially, if he takes a jump next year.
I have no big complaints except for the ball skills, which I don't know how well he can improve there. He made a stunning break on a route on a Browns late drive and could've ended the game with a pick six but instead it bounced off his chest and face.

Let’s face it. They are heading into week 16 of the season. Opposing teams have a lot of game tape on this defense. What they do well, what they don’t do well, what their tendencies are, etc.
It’s up to Barry to make the necessary adjustments and fixes so teams can’t take advantage of certain things like the Browns and Ravens did.
If they aren’t already, Barry’s feet should be being held very close to the fire.
On the other hand, don't the Packers have a lot of game tape on the other defenses? Why can't they generate drives late in the game?

I have no big complaints except for the ball skills, which I don't know how well he can improve there. He made a stunning break on a route on a Browns late drive and could've ended the game with a pick six but instead it bounced off his chest and face.
I think that'll come. 26 needs to work on that too. Seems like he needs to calibrate to this defense a bit, because he was smooth last year. He'll get back to it.

On the other hand, don't the Packers have a lot of game tape on the other defenses? Why can't they generate drives late in the game?

I posted this earlier in this thread.

Rodgers said in the post game interview that he wasn’t happy that they went conservative in the 4th quarter.

Translation: the coach took his foot off the gas.

Back