Post-game Vikings Defeat GB 23-7

This is what bothers me the most. As soon as things don't go well the team folds for long periods of time and Arod goes into pout mode.
Rodgers always wants glory when things go right but when things go bad he blows it off saying his RELAX stuff never wants to own up to bad play.

Team showed up after the half, it just wasn't enough by then. At least they fought tho.

Now that Tom Clements is back, is Aaron supposed to hold the ball for the full 8 seconds? With backup Ts, maybe try to get it out sooner.

I have more faith that an Electric Chevy Equinox will sell for $30K, than I do the Pack beating the Bears
Vikes still have some good players. Fields is scary, but he's throwing to Equinemius St Brown, not Jefferson and Theilen.

I have more faith that an Electric Chevy Equinox will sell for $30K, than I do the Pack beating the Bears
Packers lose fans riot. Really how many people can the cops arrest? :)

Aaron Jones had 8 touches. Not nearly good enough, O under ML has always been its best and most cohesive when it runs through Jones.
When your OL sucks though can Jones be effective?

When your OL sucks though can Jones be effective?
Yes. Even with the crappy OL the offense was effective when the ball was fed to Jones and Dillon, either through the air on short passes or on the ground. Me thinks ML is still covering for poor audibles/decisions by Arod when he says he needs to get Jones/Dillon more touches. We've heard that ad naseum from ML for several seasons. Everybody knows this offense is more successful that way. However, it takes the glory away from Arod and puts the focus on Jones/Dillon.

Just got done watching the game - had an afternoon commitment.

That vaunted defense is more "okay" than great. The backend was disorganized at various times and the supposedly formidable front 7 while decent was not exactly the immovable force we were led to believe.

Quay Walker looked pretty good at times but already the injury bug bites. Not sure how bad it is, but with Barnes leg injury, their solid depth at ILB suddenly got real thin.

The WR position is a mess with Lazard. Without him they were almost useless. Watkins and Cobb look old and washed up. The two rookies are well . . . rookies. Not quite ready for prime time. Amari Rodgers??? . . . did he even play from scrimmage? He's still pretty much invisible in year 2. I'm hoping it'll get better as the year goes along and Lazard comes back, but as of right now they don't seem to have anyone better than a #3 type WR for most teams. Gute and ML seem to have badly miscalculated this position.

The o-line wasn't an outright disaster, but had way too many bad plays where they were the reason the run or pass was not productive. They need to draft more "quality" guys in the first 3 rounds in the next couple of drafts. If BakhT and Jenkins come back they could be alright, especially if Tom replaces Newman/Hanson at RG.

They got nothing at TE right now. Maybe Tonyan will return to form.

To top it off, they were out-coached in every area today. The main upside was that special teams were "meh" and not arghhhh! It's a long season and they should win 10 or more games and get to the playoffs assuming they get it together and the injury bug doesn't keep biting like it did today.

Back