Post Game Thread: Packers Regain The North 30-13 Over The Vikings

I would give the game ball to JC Tretter. Guy came in cold, no issues with bad snaps. Helped neutralize Minny's DL. He's probably the best back up OL we have.

I said I thought it'd be 30-27 MIN... But wrong on that one... Good...

Biggest thing is the fact that they actually looked like they cared. Lots of emotion and lots of fire. Haven't seen that in a while.

Good Stuff:
James Jones showed up. He has always been a flash and disappear player. I'm hoping this flash lasts awhile.
Tretter - Gotta give props to the guy who comes in cold after not playing much and does a decent job.
Janis - that move on the PI call was fantastic.
Good Arod - Made some nice throws today. Ones we are used to seeing. The dive to draw the roughing call was worthy of MLS, well done. Those are the things that can give you the edge.
DEF overall was good. Lots of pressure, lots of fire.

Bad Stuff:
Besides Tretter coming in this was not a good day for OL and pass pro. Arod running for his life a lot and getting hit too often. Big issue if this team wants to go more than one and done in playoffs when everything gets taken up a notch.
Cobb - 2 catches on 9 targets?
Adams - I guess not bad, just not great.
Richard Rodgers - Just not that good a TE. No explosion, no threat, lazy routes, can't block. TE a def need in next draft.
Bad Arod - 47% completion? Now some of that was drops. But he was still off on a bunch of throws.

Good step forward, and nice recovery. Good game plan. It's one game, do it again and don't let it go to your head. Then I might say they are back. Rest of the schedule is tough. Even DET playing pretty well. Need to keep up the energy and the fire. There are no gimmes left on the schedule. Need to keep focused over the next 5 weeks... If they play like they did Sunday for rest of the year, should get a home playoff game.

side note: Much respect to Bridgewater for getting injured, going back out, and taking hits. Guy left it all out there unlike some others on his team.

Last edited:
... Janis was used in certain situations to loosen up the D with his speed (I did mention the Packers should do this a few times before but everyone ripped on me for it :))...

not everyone. i've been saying the same thing for a month or more. still think he deserves more than two targets in a game. you know how some players don't have all of the measurables that you are looking for but when you get them in a game and give them opportunities good things just happen? i think janis just might be that guy. he has a large number of big plays while given very few opportunities. anyway, here's hoping they give him a few more shots and don't just stick him back on the bench next game.

not everyone. i've been saying the same thing for a month or more. still think he deserves more than two targets in a game. you know how some players don't have all of the measurables that you are looking for but when you get them in a game and give them opportunities good things just happen? i think janis just might be that guy. he has a large number of big plays while given very few opportunities. anyway, here's hoping they give him a few more shots and don't just stick him back on the bench next game.

Agreed. Practice is one thing, games are another. Yes you need good practices. But Janis should get more plays considering how banged up rest of WR are. Just a matter of time before he breaks a big one.

I was really worried about this game. With how we were playing I feared the worse. This was one of the bigger wins we've had in a while. The last thing we needed was to be down 2 games in the division with only a half dozen games to go. Whew! pc)

What We Learned — Week 11, by Mark Wellner

The Green Bay Packers visited TCF Bank Stadium to face the first place Minnesota Vikings. The Packers were coming off 3 straight losses, the most recent to the previously 1-7 Lions at home. Here’s what we learned.

What We Learned…

We learned that when the pass rush returns, so do the Packers’ winning ways. Green Bay’s defense was struggling getting after the quarterback during their losing skid. The Packers harassed Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, sacking him six times with Datone Jones leading the team with two sacks. Jones is having his best year as a Packer so far.

We learned that the Packers front seven is still capable of absolutely dominating an offensive line. Adrian Peterson had come off a 200 yard game against Oakland. Green Bay Held him to 45 yards on 13 carries. Peterson did score a touchdown but, for the most part, he had nowhere to go.

We learned that the Packers receivers still may be having communications issues with Aaron Rodgers. On top of that, the receiving corps still has issues with drops. Randall Cobb had two bad drops that would have been first downs. Jeff Janis was targeted twice drawing one pass interference that lead to a score and one shot play in the second half. Rodgers missed Janis long on the shot play, the Packers should get connecting on those plays eventually.

We learned that James Jones can look like James Jones again. He hauled in 6 balls on 11 targets for 109 yards and a phenomenal touchdown catch and the subsequent 2 point conversion to give Green Bay a 14 point lead.

We learned that Fat Eddie can be Phat again. He looked like the old Eddie Lacy. Lacy had his first 100 yard rushing game of the year. Starks struggled a bit and Lacy started to get hot. While the Packers seemingly abandoned the run last week, this week they were very effective moving the ball on the ground.

We learned that David Bahktiari is not improving as we had hoped. He had several holding and false start calls. He should be progressing, not regressing. He needs to get it together, fast.

David Backtenyardsy.

— Titletown Sound Off (@Titletownsound) November 22, 2015

Green Bay scored 30 points against the second best scoring defense in the NFL. We learned that the offense may be starting to get hot.

What We Think We Learned…

We think we learned Green Bay needs a safety who can cover tight ends. Kyle Rudolph had 106 yards receiving and had two great plays at the Packers safeties’ expense. It has been awhile since the Packers have had a safety that can handle covering tight ends.

We think we learned that Mason Crosby is back. After absolutely shanking the potential game winning kick last week, Crosby made all 5 of his field goals, all from 40+ yards. Crosby responded well from his mistake and kicked well on kickoffs.

What We Hope isn’t true…

We hope the injuries to Corey Linsley and Micah Hyde are not serious. Linsley has been one of the more durable starting offensive lineman on the team. JC Tretter did fill in very well and held his own.

We hope the drops do not become a habit. Green Bay has dropped too many passes this year on both sides of the ball. This team needs to look the ball in then run.

Thank you for reading. Mark Wellner is a featured writer at Titletown Sound Off. You can follow him on Twitter @MarkWWellner. For even more Packers content, follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook.

Continue reading @http://titletownsoundoff.com/ ...

There are still plenty of things to pick apart, many of them the same issues we've seen all season.

But, there were wrinkles in the scheme, Arod still looked not like himself on a few throws, but more like himself on enough, the defense was swarming, the DL got excellent push and contain.

I'll take it. This is the time of year to do enough to get through all these tough division games so that you can get it all fleshed out and peak in mid/late January.

Is there any chance that Datone Jones becomes a Mike Neal v2 project? All three of his sacks this year have come standing up IIRC, and maybe dropping a little weight will give him a little more speed at OLB. He's quicker around the edge and giving chase than Perry.

Lacy playing well was the difference for the offense. Rodgers was still off, the receivers still dropping passes, the oline still like a sieve, but Lacy was on and the defense played well.

Got to keep Lacy rolling.

Back