Post Game Thread: Kansas City defeats GB

Awfully disappointing in terms of WR play. Except for maybe Geronimo none of them looked like they wanted a roster spot. They looked like they were sure they already made the team and were coasting....

Tonyan had his moments. I think he'll be a good PS addition. Same with Bougnan.

Our OL depth is gawd awful. And that's being nice. Bell got manhandled by backup DL. Don't even want to think what happens if one of the starters goes down.

Boyle and Kizer didn't look horrible. Both suffered from poor OL and WR play. It was nice to see Boyle in extended action. He definitely has backup potential. But he's an UDFA who didn't get major reps in practice or last game behind Hundley and Kizer. i thought he actually did well all things considered. Good arm, great composure, smooth operator, read DEF pretty well, threw a couple INTs but I can look past that all things considered. He's a developmental player, and from that angle he's a keeper for now.

DEF - the less said the better..... awful...

Gutey made a good pick with drafting Scott... As long as Zook doesn't screw him up like he has past kickers this kid could really be something.

I watched 2.5 quarters, so I think I was spared the worst of the middle of the 3rd to 4th quarters.

I think Boyle's arm is a real live canon and he looked good early on the first couple of drives after Kizer went out. There's some serious risk of losing him if we try to sneak him on the PS. I think they want to keep him long term and might not want to risk it.

Aaron Jones looked really good.

I'm disappointed in beigel. He was getting stone walled against the scrubs.

Boyle and Kizer didn't look horrible. Both suffered from poor OL and WR play. It was nice to see Boyle in extended action. He definitely has backup potential. But he's an UDFA who didn't get major reps in practice or last game behind Hundley and Kizer. i thought he actually did well all things considered. Good arm, great composure, smooth operator, read DEF pretty well, threw a couple INTs but I can look past that all things considered. He's a developmental player, and from that angle he's a keeper for now.

boyle looked pretty good until the packers started putting in all the bottom of the roster guys in the 3rd and 4th quarter. after that, he had zero protection and very little time to throw. gotta agree with you on the o-line. i really expected more from bell. we need a lot better depth at offensive tackle.

I watched 2.5 quarters, so I think I was spared the worst of the middle of the 3rd to 4th quarters.

I think Boyle's arm is a real live canon and he looked good early on the first couple of drives after Kizer went out. There's some serious risk of losing him if we try to sneak him on the PS. I think they want to keep him long term and might not want to risk it.

Aaron Jones looked really good.

I'm disappointed in beigel. He was getting stone walled against the scrubs.

i think biegel may get cut.

but i wouldn't try to draw too many conclusions from last night's scrimmage. at least half of those players won't even be on the team on sunday. here's the list of packers players that did not play:
QB 12 A.Rodgers,
WR 16 J.Kumerow,
WR 17 D.Adams,
WR 18 R.Cobb,
S 21 H.Clinton-Dix,
S 29 K.Brice,
RB 30 J.Williams,
RB 32 D.Mays,
CB 38 T.Williams,
LB 42 O.Burks,
LB 50 B.Martinez,
LB 52 C.Matthews,
C 63 C.Linsley,
T 68 K.Murphy,
T 69 D.Bakhtiari,
DL 76 M.Daniels,
TE 80 J.Graham,
RB 88 T.Montgomery,
TE 89 M.Lewis,
LB 93 R.Gilbert,
DL 96 M.Wilkerson,
DL 97 K.Clark

in addition, many of the guys who started the game didn't play at all after the first quarter. so we were truly watching the very bottom of the 90-man roster, which is totally irrelevant.

Biegel if he went to anywhere but UW no one would care if he's cut or not. Fans just like him because he's a Badger who plays for the Packers.

Biegel if he went to anywhere but UW no one would care if he's cut or not. Fans just like him because he's a Badger who plays for the Packers.

No, people like Biegel as well as TJ Watt because they know they can play and play well. Because they were Badgers has little to nothing to do with it. This is basically Biegels rookie season since he missed last year with the injury. He is worth keeping.

He was getting manhandled by 3rd and 4th string KC players. Not very strong and slow... He'd be a good PS pick up though

Back