Post Game Packers Hang on beat Baltimore 31-30

Expect they only threw for 215 all day and most of that was to Andrews on short stick routes. The problem that could not contain Huntley running and Murray up the middle he went for 6.9 per carry. I don’t think they played soft, they played undisciplined
Agree completely, Pack.

I was frustrated. We played very disciplined against AZ and stayed in our rush Lanes. Shutdown Murray mostly. Why were they not doing that yesterday?

I know they missed Clarks inside push but they were very undisciplined.

I don’t think they played soft
maybe you didn't notice how far off the corners and safeties played in the final ten minutes. nobody played to try to stop a completed pass. they all just played to tackle after the completion. and some of them didn't do that very well either.

maybe you didn't notice how far off the corners and safeties played in the final ten minutes. nobody played to try to stop a completed pass. they all just played to tackle after the completion. and some of them didn't do that very well either.
You forget they scored 14 early on.... gave up 137 yards passing in the first not just late. He played cover 2 over the whole first quarter except 3 plays he went cover 3. The biggest issue was everything was going right and he was taking away left contain... zero sense based on what they were doing. sh))

I'll take the ugly win because hey, it could have gone down like it did for the Cardinals on Sunday. It's completely possible to lose to an inferior team . . . on any given Sunday.

The defense was poorly schemed and executed. As a simple example, on the Ravens 3rd TD, I'm watching the defensive alignment thinking that I hope the guy at the end of the line plays smart, solid containment. Nope, he immediately loops to the inside of the OT and the WR on that side runs an inside slant and it's like a parting of the Red Sea for Huntley to just jog into the endzone. That is just a complete mental collapse on everyone's part. High school coaches/players could have played that smarter. They have to play smarter and sounder going forward.

Special teams is what it is . . . mostly crap. It isn't going to get significantly better this year. We just have to hope they can minimize the damage and make their field goals and extra points.

The offense was OK but the inability to run the ball at key times was a problem. With a better day running the ball, this would have been much more of an easy victory. The passing offense was solid and was fortunately able to carry the day.

The Packers are always getting burned by mobile QB's they bring a pass rush and it's always like parting the red sea for the QB to run right up the middle because our DL can't block the lanes. This is why vs a mobile QB this team needs to stop pass rushing and just try to contain the QB from running.

On a lighter note I'm nominating Arod for an Emmy for that flop that drew the roughing flag.... :D

Cheese, I agree on that one. But I think Aikman and Buck are wrong. If a defender takes two steps and pushes a QB, they will call it most if not every time.

I don't like the rule but it seems like that is what they will call more often then not.

I question if it's worth going to pay Savage. The guy plays so up and down. One time he looks like a pro bowl player the next he's Kevin King.

I'll take the ugly win because hey, it could have gone down like it did for the Cardinals on Sunday. It's completely possible to lose to an inferior team . . . on any given Sunday.

The defense was poorly schemed and executed. As a simple example, on the Ravens 3rd TD, I'm watching the defensive alignment thinking that I hope the guy at the end of the line plays smart, solid containment. Nope, he immediately loops to the inside of the OT and the WR on that side runs an inside slant and it's like a parting of the Red Sea for Huntley to just jog into the endzone. That is just a complete mental collapse on everyone's part. High school coaches/players could have played that smarter. They have to play smarter and sounder going forward.

Special teams is what it is . . . mostly crap. It isn't going to get significantly better this year. We just have to hope they can minimize the damage and make their field goals and extra points.

The offense was OK but the inability to run the ball at key times was a problem. With a better day running the ball, this would have been much more of an easy victory. The passing offense was solid and was fortunately able to carry the day.

57, I am not disagreeing with any of your post but wanted to make a few points:

Not having Clark really hurt this D. Without Clark and Gary this d-line is not great. Without the push inside by Clark, Slaton and Keke had to take a lot of snaps their inexperience showed by not staying in their rush lanes. It also does not help on D when your ST's is allowing your opponent to start on the 40-45 yard line every time. :)

As far as running the football consistently, this o-line is in shambles. They do an ok job of pass blocking but they do not get a great push run blocking. Personally, not having Bak, Jenkins, and losing Linsley has really hurt us, IMO.

Back