Post Game: Packers Defeat Giants 31-13

OK. I love LeRoy Butler breaking down the secondary, since that's so hard to do live from just the TV angle. Here are two terrible quarters coverage plays where my (and others') knee jerk reaction was to blame a totally wrong guy:

Allowing 3rd and 12 vs the Giants. Looked like Tramon got beat in man. But actually Savage vacates his zone. Also, King bit on a checkdown but QB didn't see wide open guy in his quarter. THIS was bad King, but he didn't have to pay.

On this one, King got blamed for a 61-yard TD to Kittle, but it was both Savage and Amos blew it. Seems like Savage has a lot to learn about quarters coverage.

I suspected Savage on that Kittle play. Dude is a rookie, learning on the fly. You live with his mistakes.

I suspected Savage on that Kittle play. Dude is a rookie, learning on the fly. You live with his mistakes.
yep. if you're going to start rookies, you have to expect a higher percentage of errors.

yep. if you're going to start rookies, you have to expect a higher percentage of errors.

Really, Butler made it sound pretty simple. Maybe once again somebody's not teaching our guys concepts and strategies very well.

Really, Butler made it sound pretty simple. Maybe once again somebody's not teaching our guys concepts and strategies very well.

"STAY IN YOUR ZONE AND NOBODY GETS BEHIND YOU" is hopefully something that doesn't need to be said too much. Those are basic Safety concepts.

I heard it often, but will not comment on whether it was directed my way or not.

Back