Post Game: Lions Beat the Packers 34-20

I will say this...I do like how ML takes accountability and I like that he gets pissed off at how his team played like crap.
Again, i’m look for the guys in the org with passion right now. Who gives a shit, who responds. ML, Love, Gary, Jones, Reed, Doubs, Quay have been standouts to me so far.

Again, i’m look for the guys in the org with passion right now. Who gives a shit, who responds. ML, Love, Gary, Jones, Reed, Doubs, Quay have been standouts to me so far.
ML might be fired up a as a coach but would like to be able to find out sometime is he going to the FO on his staff saying I want this guy hired or this guy fired. If he is does he press it or just let it go if told no.

Hey, you old farts blowing off tired legs.....don't. 35 years of FB and I have seen it year after year. It's not an issue with better depth. We don't have it, it's not there. I have harked on it forever so quit acting like it's not a thing. It is

The Love factor, ready? Okay, his issue is his feet. He gets excited and tends to not set and throw. Young QB problems, see it at every level. Fixable and most of that goes away with reps. Most of you forget he only had 2 live regular series games under his belt before this year, in reality, he's a rookie.

Also please stop arguing, the offense is based on the WR being in a certain spot, ball is out of his hands before the break most of the time. WR has to be there..has to.

ML game plan sucked, burn that chart and never use it again. Gute better redial Indy and see if that price changed because we need a RB that can do 18 20 carries a game.

Defense, the scheme was okay this week. But Mark, No buts , Berry did enough but his unit got worn down. Tired legs( Yes Keg and CB it's real) You can't have -8 yards of offense and everyone magically think that won't happen. Come on guys, be real.

Quay Walker getting crap everywhere for the aFG but he was the ONLY player who went wide open all night, I'll take an aggressive mistake over lazy and sloppy every time.

ST, other than the kicker and punter this unit sucks. Not well coached at all. So much for Rich the genius (n)

Mini bye week.... rest them an extra 2 days and start working on Vegas.
I watched Walker playing sideline to sideline, at times, covering WRs as they sprinted across the field in motion. On one play, that stood out, he was tracking the player, and he reversed direction. Then sprinted across behind the line of scrimmage for what was a quick, short pass in the backfield, where the WR would be able to break containment on the edge, and turn it up field because all that would be trying to cover out there would be an inside backer. Walker, played it as well as anyone I've ever seen, not only getting out there, but choosing the right angle to hold him to about a 4 yard gain, and prevent what arguably could have been 6.

He may do some dumb things at times, but he never quits playing as hard as he can.

Give me 11 players out there with that motor, and I'll show you a defense that will strike fear into the heart of any offensive team in the league. They are working on teaching him self-control, when he sometimes comes unglued, and does something stupid.

Walker has the talent and instincts to be a future all-pro. He just has to develop between the ears for him to get there.

The offensive line had rubber legs from the first snap against the Lions. Tired. Not being overly talented, and having the Lions exploit what they knew would be tired legs, put them out of the contest before they even got started.

As far as the defense itself, and STs, I don't even want to go there any more. Nothing can be gained, as long as they continue hiring the wrong coaches, and trying to fill positions by plugging square pegs in round holes.

The offensive line had rubber legs from the first snap against the Lions. Tired. Not being overly talented, and having the Lions exploit what they knew would be tired legs, put them out of the contest before they even got started.

As far as the defense itself, and STs, I don't even want to go there any more. Nothing can be gained, as long as they continue hiring the wrong coaches, and trying to fill positions by plugging square pegs in round holes.
Some of these defensive coaches have been here since the Nixon administration, they’ve outlasted the asbestos in the building.

Hey, you old farts blowing off tired legs.....don't. 35 years of FB and I have seen it year after year.
but the loins were also playing on "tired legs", weren't they? didn't seem to affect them very much.

but the loins were also playing on "tired legs", weren't they? didn't seem to affect them very much.
because they have better depth...this is a young not very deep FB team. My goodness we talked about this all through OTA and camp... that anykind of injury bug would force what you saw last night.

You had guys who played 72 snaps last Sunday and they played 70 to 50 3.5 days later. No way man. Tired legs

Back