Post Game Green Bay Defeats Tennessee 30-14

Just a great team win. To put up 30 on that defense with a backup QB was incredible. Too many positives to mention all of them, but Jeff Hafley needs special mention. When the offense started to sputter and you could feel that with another the score we had a chance to let this one get away, most DCs would have played soft zone coverage and made the Titans use clock and hope you could hold them to a FG. However, Hafley sent blitzes and played press coverage to close the game out.

Two negatives for me were Walker (are you ready to come back yet Bak?) and Musgrave, who is really hurting his chance for snaps by being afraid to block.

This game surprised me. I thought Willis would be too jacked up trying to prove his former team wrong to play well and that TN would know how to defend Willis. I am very happy to admit I was wrong. Lots of folks said TN would be a test with them being good along both lines. Their DL was OK, but the GB DL shredded the TN OL. The first GB play put TN on their heels with the well-designed misdirection to Reed. Interesting to see Reed snapping at Willis on the play in the fourth quarter -- and Willis snapping right back -- I would have liked to hear that! It looked like there were no major injuries.

MLF does not get enough attention/praise for his coaching. Yes, we can gripe about how he calls a game and that he's too loyal, but Jacobs and X came to GB for a reason and I don't think it was for the bright lights and big city, especially when more money was on the table elsewhere.

MLF does not get enough attention/praise for his coaching. Yes, we can gripe about how he calls a game and that he's too loyal, but Jacobs and X came to GB for a reason and I don't think it was for the bright lights and big city, especially when more money was on the table elsewhere.
amen to that cap'n

Defense is flying around having fun.... gee see what happens when you let players make plays. We should have been in a 43/42 front when Rodgers was here... would have another title or two.

Heck of a coaching job in Green Bay, a lot of season left but this team again has some great vibes to it.
This is just an awesome coaching job and one helluva team win under these circumstances. A shocker to me but very excited for this team and it's potential.

Studs: Willis, Watson, Alexander. LaFleur for sticking with the run. Defense for the sacks, fumble and interceptions.

Duds: The holding penalties were ridiculous. Kind of a dud...Jacobs for insisting on running up the middle where there were no lanes. One thing that I remember from Jones was how he would bounce to the outside and pick up yardage. Jacobs finally did it later in the game and low and behold he got some extra yardage.

I thought LaFleur called a very good game. And I continue to be surprised by Willis' smart play. Knowing when to tuck and run. I think I even saw a designed run for the QB.

Next week is going to be a tough game. They can't have all those penalties and expect to win the game. With the Vikings dominating the Texans I think they may be for real.... They are going to come into Lambeau with a ton of confidence.
Jacobs ran up the middle because that's what was asked of him. Even though it didn't produce yardage, it forced the defense to plan against it, thereby softening up the outside options. Jacobs and Wilson pounded the inside 26 times, and it remained a priority for the Titans defense to stop them. They got nearly 100 yard yards between them, which is commendable against that defense.

Back