Post Game Green Bay Defeats Tennessee 30-14

Watching the game last week, I saw a few things out there that gave me more confidence in this team as a team, not just a team relying on a great QB. They were guys we thought couldn't block throwing their bodies on the line, and making huge blocks. The game plan was just what the doctor ordered, and Willis lived within the game plan, and not trying to play hero ball, because that's not it works with that kind of a possession game. Also, I think everyone should have recognized what LeFleur said about the game.

He said; "Malik doesn't have to know our entire playbook, just the plays in our game plan." That took the onus off of him needing to know several hundred options, and just concentrate on what they put on the table for him, for that game. Malik played with that discipline, start to finish, and Jacobs carved out some great yardage on the ground because the offensive line was making those blocks, and Jacobs reading them.

But even more. You could see that Malik had the ability to step away from tacklers, and make positive moves to gain time to make plays work. That also usually entails being able to make positive yardage on plays that it's best not to throw the ball, on a pass play.

It was all on the table to see. That's why I said the Packers could win this one. The running game did work. It was obvious before the game started that running between the tackles was going to be very difficult. That meant the QB needed to scramble when necessary, and the ground game in general needed to get outside that tackle box, and it did.

Next week we should have Love back. I hope our team plays as hard for him as they did for Willis.

Watching the game last week, I saw a few things out there that gave me more confidence in this team as a team, not just a team relying on a great QB. They were guys we thought couldn't block throwing their bodies on the line, and making huge blocks. The game plan was just what the doctor ordered, and Willis lived within the game plan, and not trying to play hero ball, because that's not it works with that kind of a possession game. Also, I think everyone should have recognized what LeFleur said about the game.

He said; "Malik doesn't have to know our entire playbook, just the plays in our game plan." That took the onus off of him needing to know several hundred options, and just concentrate on what they put on the table for him, for that game. Malik played with that discipline, start to finish, and Jacobs carved out some great yardage on the ground because the offensive line was making those blocks, and Jacobs reading them.

But even more. You could see that Malik had the ability to step away from tacklers, and make positive moves to gain time to make plays work. That also usually entails being able to make positive yardage on plays that it's best not to throw the ball, on a pass play.

It was all on the table to see. That's why I said the Packers could win this one. The running game did work. It was obvious before the game started that running between the tackles was going to be very difficult. That meant the QB needed to scramble when necessary, and the ground game in general needed to get outside that tackle box, and it did.

Next week we should have Love back. I hope our team plays as hard for him as they did for Willis.
You saw something I sure as heck didnt! I still think there are limits to Willis' game but that second throw to Watson was as good as Love would do it. Who knows, maybe his ceiling is quality backup, and maybe he's on his way there.

Studs: Willis, Watson, Alexander. LaFleur for sticking with the run. Defense for the sacks, fumble and interceptions.

Duds: The holding penalties were ridiculous. Kind of a dud...Jacobs for insisting on running up the middle where there were no lanes. One thing that I remember from Jones was how he would bounce to the outside and pick up yardage. Jacobs finally did it later in the game and low and behold he got some extra yardage.

I thought LaFleur called a very good game. And I continue to be surprised by Willis' smart play. Knowing when to tuck and run. I think I even saw a designed run for the QB.

Next week is going to be a tough game. They can't have all those penalties and expect to win the game. With the Vikings dominating the Texans I think they may be for real.... They are going to come into Lambeau with a ton of confidence.

Studs: Willis, Watson, Alexander. LaFleur for sticking with the run. Defense for the sacks, fumble and interceptions.

Duds: The holding penalties were ridiculous. Kind of a dud...Jacobs for insisting on running up the middle where there were no lanes. One thing that I remember from Jones was how he would bounce to the outside and pick up yardage. Jacobs finally did it later in the game and low and behold he got some extra yardage.

I thought LaFleur called a very good game. And I continue to be surprised by Willis' smart play. Knowing when to tuck and run. I think I even saw a designed run for the QB.

Next week is going to be a tough game. They can't have all those penalties and expect to win the game. With the Vikings dominating the Texans I think they may be for real.... They are going to come into Lambeau with a ton of confidence.

Problem today was that every time Jacobs bounced, they called Walker or Jenkins for a hold

Back