Post Game Eagles Defeat Green Bay

So with Love out he probably won't go to IR in hopes he can return before 4 weeks which means GB will have to cut someone to make a roster spot for another QB. Will have to see who they cut on Tuesday. I am thinking signing a vet is going to be unlikely at least to the main roter. I expect GB signs Cifford off the PS and maybe signs a vet to the PS so they can be rushed up to speed in case GB would need them.

If Love comes back in 3 weeks, he's going to have a problem the rest of the year. He's going to constantly tweak it, and be in pain. He needs to sit until he can use his legs effectively, because that's his game. A stationary Love is not even close to the guy who can move around, as far as his game.

I think he's going to miss 4 games, maybe 5. If they play Willis, we got nothing on offense that they can use. At least, with Clifford in the lineup, it's someone who understand the playbook.

Deprogramming the offense to accommodate Willis will put the offense several weeks behind, and they'll have to start all over, because you lose continuity when you don't stick with it.

Just my opinion.

If you go with Willis can ML put in RPO for him? Because that's almost what you are going to have to do with him because I just can't see him finding any kind of success sitting back in the pocket trying to pass.

If Love comes back in 3 weeks, he's going to have a problem the rest of the year. He's going to constantly tweak it, and be in pain. He needs to sit until he can use his legs effectively, because that's his game. A stationary Love is not even close to the guy who can move around, as far as his game.

I think he's going to miss 4 games, maybe 5. If they play Willis, we got nothing on offense that they can use. At least, with Clifford in the lineup, it's someone who understand the playbook.

Deprogramming the offense to accommodate Willis will put the offense several weeks behind, and they'll have to start all over, because you lose continuity when you don't stick with it.

Just my opinion.
I would go with Clifford. I know that might not go over well here, but he knows the playbook, he isn't afraid to sling it, and what's to lose?

Last edited:
Back