Pirates 6, Brewers 5: Stumbling into the break

It is different. The Brewers ERA was in the top 10 and their hitting and defense were in the top 10. This year their hitting is 15th and their pitching is 20th in ERA. Their D is still top 10 I believe.

Last year, their bullpen was lights out and that was the difference. This year Jeffers is average and Knabel is out. They also had Woodruff in the bullpen rotation last year. This year Cain and Aguilar are hitting horrible for average and power.

They had the easiest schedule in the majors the last 25 games. Almost all teams at .500 or less than .500 and we were 9-16 against them. If we cannot beat those teams, we are not beating any playoff teams.

Sorry but it is just not going to happen. They need a #1 starter and a better bullpen to compete. If not, no playoffs.
Last year they had 3 guys over .270, this year 2 and as a team, taking non pitchers into the equation last year was .258 this year .251 so basically flat and that really Aguilar who brings it down, to some extent Cain. The big difference is Miley. He ate up innings and was as close to a #1 as you had.

I don’t disagree on the pitching especially the pen but there are 3 months left. They play in top to bottom the best division in baseball. Is this a WS team no. But past LA I don’t see a dominate team top to bottom in the league They are one of 25 teams + who need pitching and it’s not going to happen.

I still think last year was the year if they were going to make the WS. Brewers are a team that will be between a .500 team and a WC team in the short term future.

I still think last year was the year if they were going to make the WS. Brewers are a team that will be between a .500 team and a WC team in the short term future.
Each year is different, injuries, free agency, player development. Impossible to predict anything short term or long term. Let’s see how the season plays out

Milwaukee losers won't finish .500 this year they are awful one of the worst teams if not the worst team in baseball in the last month.

...and stumbling out of the break.
Yep they are playing the worst teams in baseball and losing to them Brewers are 10-17 in last month. For Brewers to get to 95 wins like they did after 162 games last year Brewers would have to go 48-22. Even to finish .500 means 34-36 which with how they have been playing is questionable.

Last edited:
Back