Photography

Scoremore12

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
This past spring I got a good new digital camera. I video tape some of our local high school sports, and after getting the digital camera, I had another guy do pictures. Since I don't film our softall games, I decided to get pictures. Got better as the year went on, but still a lot to learn. I like taking pictures, but its quite the learning curve for me. I got a Canon EOS 7D Mark II camera that came with a 18-135mm and I bought a Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens. Recently I added a good short lens, the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Lens. I do have another long lens, Canon 100-400mm eyed up for the future, but these good lenses cost a lot, so it may be awhile. I was wondering if anyone else is into photography and if so, what equipment you use and what you like getting pictures of. I actually would like to go to training camp and see what I can get.

rpiotr01

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Hey, sorry I missed this thread! I'm an amateur photographer myself. I started out using Minolta and switched to Canon when I went digital. My current gear is a 5D MkIII, Zeiss 35/2, Zeiss 50/1.4 and Canon 100/2. I like taking photos while traveling, some street, landscape, family and pets. I had a 70-200/4 IS for a while and used to take some photos at Packer games with it but I found that 1) the f4 aperture was limiting and 2) I was spending more time looking through the lens than watching the game. I sold it off recently.

You've got some awesome heavy duty gear there, enjoy it! Save up for the 100-400 II, looks like it's a better lens than the older version.

Scoremore12

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
I am really eyeing up that 100-400 II lens. Most all reviews have been good and say its a upgrade over the first one. The 70-200 I got is a good one also, but wish it had a little more reach. It works good for high school sports like softball and basketball. May try it for football to, but need to find somebody who would be willing to do pictures for me as I use my camcorder and film for our basketball teams, softball and football. I will try it at a couple training camp practices and hope I get at least some good pictures. I know I will get a lot of pictures, but need some quality ones in there. I ordered a Canon 1.4 extender and that will help some. I have so much to learn with this camera, its crazy. I tell you one thing, it is NOT as easy as some guys make photography look. I will share pictures I get in GB, not sure how yet. That 5D Mark III looks to be a top dog camera. Maybe someday I can get one like that and keep this one for a spare.

Scoremore12

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
It has been awhile since this thread has any activity. Here is a picture I got while in La Cross of the Rotary Clubs lights display they do every year. It is over 4 million lights. I took this one from across the Mississippi river from the park the lights are in. For anyone that cares, it was taken with my Canon 1DX II camera and Canon 24-70mm 2.8 lens. Camera mounted on a tripod with remote shutter release.

Last edited:

TW

Great pic! Thanks for sharing.

rpiotr01

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Very nice! Christmas lights? Reminds me of what they do on Boathouse Row in Philly.