Personal finance and investing mega thread extravaganza

TW

You must use your card a lot. I have a blue, and I use it once in a while just to keep it active.

realitybytes

i use my card for everything. i've been carrying the same $60 in my wallet for almost a year now. i get cash back with my card. and i'm protected an extra year on everything i buy. so why would i ever pay cash?

GBP4EVER

I just got the Chase Freedom Unlimited. $200 back after you make use it to purchase $500 in first 3 months. 1.5% on everything, 5% on Travel, 3% at restaurants, and 3% at drugstores.

Cheesedog

I use the STASH app for my fun investing. I have my retirement through work, but use STASH for an extra. Nothing too complicated but fun to play around with. The chances of you beating the market on your own are slim anyway.

Packinatl

I use the STASH app for my fun investing. I have my retirement through work, but use STASH for an extra. Nothing too complicated but fun to play around with. The chances of you beating the market on your own are slim anyway.
Which is why I stick to index funds and a couple ETF’s

realitybytes

“One day, my father gave me an apple. I soon sold it for five dollars and bought two apples and sold them for ten. Then I bought four apples and sold them for twenty. Well, this went on day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, until my father died and left me three hundred million dollars.” - david koch explaining how he got so wealthy

• Haha
Reactions: TW

TW

I made a super investment yesterday. Went totally out of my own lane for it. I finally bought that car. I got a Honda Pilot Limited Black Edition. Plenty of space, just about everything that makes driving better.

After test driving one, I just plain decided it was the car for me.

Lifetime warranty on almost everything.

It is so darned spacious. The features are unreal.

Never thought I'd end up in a SUV that will allow me to go off road, at my age. Yet, here we are!