Personal finance and investing mega thread extravaganza

realitybytes

just in case anyone wants to join in on the next wallstreetbets "attack", in about two hours they are planning on taking another crack at the cryptocurrency called dogecoin. a little recent history:

a week ago, dogecoin had a value of less than one penny per coin.
on january 28, wallstreetbets managed to run the price up to $0.0761 per coin. so at the peak, you could have cashed out for a 7x gain. the price quickly dropped to about a nickel by the end of the day. that's still 5x. now the price has dropped down to around $0.02.

if you have access to buy dogecoin, you might be able to double or triple your investment in a few hours.

disclosure: i am unable to get back into the wallstreetbets discord server to confirm that this is still a go, but you should be able to tell when the price starts going up. i don't buy crypto, and will not be participating. good luck.

GBP4EVER

Question has anyone ever done one of those online will and testaments? I don't have a will was working on my taxes. Got offer for like $20 bucks to add making online will and testament are these worth the paper it's printed on? Emailed a laywer was told it would be 300-800 bucks to make up a will and power of attorny.

realitybytes

Question has anyone ever done one of those online will and testaments? I don't have a will was working on my taxes. Got offer for like $20 bucks to add making online will and testament are these worth the paper it's printed on? Emailed a laywer was told it would be 300-800 bucks to make up a will and power of attorny.
lawyers charge way too much for that service. and yes, an online will can be legal, but you do have to have a witness sign it. for most people, the do-it-yourself will kits are sufficient. unless you have some really convoluted assets.

Packinatl

Yep. Legal Zoom. Did both Will and Power of Attorney as well as all my LLC filings

realitybytes

Yep. Legal Zoom. Did both Will and Power of Attorney as well as all my LLC filings
wow. they charge almost as much as gbp's lawyer.

Ok for $39 will give it a try

look at this first. https://store.nolo.com/products/quicken-willmaker-plus-wqp.html

the advantage to buying the software is that you can always edit or update if you want to make a change. i haven't seen what they are offering you for $39.95 so i can't make a comparison.

GBP4EVER

Question what is better a last will or a living trust?

Ok looks like living trust avoids probate courts and fee's related but would have to get my house retitled to name of living trust and get all bank accounts changed on Pay on death to all the trust. for 401K it says talk to fininacl advisor on that so not sure how that would work.

With a will do you need to change this stuff also?

Last edited: