Personal finance and investing mega thread extravaganza

Cheesedog

Reaction score
I agree the market need a correction maybe 5% but that’s more about an overbought market. Depends how many basis points the Fed hikes up re: housing. Its not a sub prime market thank the lord. Will probably slow down the market but that might be a good thing based on current supply/ demand.
Maybe it will slow the rush of Wall Street buying residential homes to rent out and skewing local markets in some areas.

realitybytes

Reaction score
I agree the market need a correction maybe 5% but that’s more about an overbought market.
it's going to be more like 15%. most of my dividend stocks have been holding up fairly well, but the growth stocks are nose-diving. apple is down almost 6% just in the last five days. tesla is down almost 7% over the last five days. these are the kinds of big-cap stocks that drive the market - or at least the market index.

FlaPack

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
it's going to be more like 15%. most of my dividend stocks have been holding up fairly well, but the growth stocks are nose-diving. apple is down almost 6% just in the last five days. tesla is down almost 7% over the last five days. these are the kinds of big-cap stocks that drive the market - or at least the market index.
Good point. I hope its not 15%, just dont know how much the market was priced in the taper and rate hikes