Packers To Hire Matt LaFleur As HC

Also I’m calling it right now, I can’t keep doing the double upper cases in his name, so we have two options for abbreviations: LF or, if you want to be more traditional, ML.

What says the board?

I'm down for either. Just don't combine them to make MLLF....doesn't have an appropriate ring to it.....

Yeah listened to parts of that presser and Murphy just needs to talk less. Why say that basically you weren't impressed with any of the other guys. These guys are trying to get jobs too and all have had some measure of success in the NFL. Plus you make your guy feel like he got the job by default because the other guys sucked. At that point you just say "We were impressed with a number of the candidates, but Matt stood out. In the end, we all felt like he was the best fit for the Packers".

Yeah listened to parts of that presser and Murphy just needs to talk less. Why say that basically you weren't impressed with any of the other guys. These guys are trying to get jobs too and all have had some measure of success in the NFL. Plus you make your guy feel like he got the job by default because the other guys sucked. At that point you just say "We were impressed with a number of the candidates, but Matt stood out. In the end, we all felt like he was the best fit for the Packers".

It's because he's a doofus and thinks he has to make up a story justifying the hire. Murphy comes off as very immature at times, like a big kid.

It's because he's a doofus and thinks he has to make up a story justifying the hire. Murphy comes off as very immature at times, like a big kid.

Agree, which is just a little stunning for a guy who's in charge of an NFL operation and has had other high level positions. I mean I'm not asking for corporate coach speak all the time, but you gotta pick your spots, and what you say when, a little better than that.

This is the same guy who last year after firing Ted Thompson introduced the press conference by saying, “I guess you guys have all heard about Ted Thompson HAHAHA”.

It also comes off as insincere and disconnected. Like he has nothing to say so he has to ramble to fill time.

Gutey should be the guy doing the talking. He gets it and speaks well. Like I said earlier if you didn't already know about LaFluer Murphy's comments wouldn't fill you with excitement..

Back