Packers Sign LB Kirksey Hours Before Start of Free Agency

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
usatsi_10989142.jpg

After excellent seasons in 2016 and 2017, injuries have limited Christian Kirksey to nine games the past two seasons.

Continue reading...

It'll look like a good signing only if he can stay healthy and play on Sundays.

Good luck with Kirksey. I though we decided a couple of years ago that going out and finding guys who are always injured isn't the smart move. I guess I was wrong.

No amount of talent is valuable if it isn't available when you need it. We're going to miss Martinez if he's gone for sure. I keep watching all these pretenders step up, get injured, then people just forget about them, as if they were never there.

Well at least this seems to be an incentive laden type deal that doesn't hurt much if you find it doesn't work and you have to let him go after a year.

Hope he stays healthy first couple years he was good when healthy but last 2 years he has been hurt all the time. If he is healthy and plays like he did for first couple years the Packers get a steal. If not it's a 1 year trial and he will be cut.

Sorry, I think I accidentally hit REPORT. My bad.

This is actually a dude I wanted. Iirc he is VERY good, but has been hurt, I think he's only played in 9 games last two years. Love it!

Hope he stays healthy first couple years he was good when healthy but last 2 years he has been hurt all the time. If he is healthy and plays like he did for first couple years the Packers get a steal. If not it's a 1 year trial and he will be cut.
Seems like Pettine's defense goes thru LBs, but mainly at the hybrid S/LB position.

Oren Burks, Ibrahim Csmpbell was on PUP from last year, Raven Greene, Curtis Bolton.

Kirksey is more the "3 down" type of guy tho. Hopefully that will help him.

Told this deal includes a $4M signing bonus and is heavy on per-game roster bonuses to protect the Packers against his recent injury history.

FP( sigh... GB doesn't have a lot of cap to begin with. Why this guy? This won't end well.
Sounds like we get him at a discount.

At any rate, this staff was able to keep the team unusually healthy last year, with the exception of the hybrid position. Maybe they have a strategy for this guy.

Dude can play, and he's young.

Back