Packers sign CB

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
The Green Bay Packers have signed CB Rasul Douglas off the Arizona Cardinals' practice squad. General Manager Brian Gutekunst announced the transaction Wednesday.
(RAH-sool) Douglas, a 6-foot-2, 209-pound, fifth-year player out of West Virginia University, was originally selected by the Philadelphia Eagles in the third round (No. 99 overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft. He played three years for the Eagles (2017-19) and one season for the Carolina Panthers (2020), appearing in 60 games with 29 starts. Douglas has totaled 178 tackles (144 solo), five interceptions and 34 passes defensed as well as two special teams tackles. He has also appeared in six postseason contests with two starts, recording 10 tackles (all solo) and a pass defensed. Last season in Carolina, Douglas appeared in 14 games with a career-high 11 starts, recording a career-best 62 tackles (50), while adding nine passes defensed (No. 2 on the team). In 2021, he spent time with the Las Vegas Raiders and Houston Texans during the offseason and training camp before spending the first part of the regular season on the Cardinals' practice squad. Douglas will wear No. 29 for the Packers.

https://www.packers.com/news/packers-announce-roster-moves-x7726

Maybe he or Jaylon Smith will turn out to be our Willy Adames.

I just saw that we're finalizing a contract with Jaylon Smith?

I still believe they're trying to make a run at a championship this year, no matter what it costs them next year.

I just saw that we're finalizing a contract with Jaylon Smith?

Was surprised that Smith was released. Any idea why they let him go. Was it solely on how Parsons is doing?

Was surprised that Smith was released. Any idea why they let him go. Was it solely on how Parsons is doing?
That's the story. Parsons playing well, they could cut Smith and not have to pay him $9MM next season (I think a bonus??). One year rental most likely . .

Just saw a Yahoo article that said the Packers are the team Smith wanted to play for once he was released.

Dallas is paying the bulk of Smith’s salary so there’s that. Kinda of odd fit since we need edge rushers not cover OLB. But let’s see how it plays out

Parsons and Keanu Neal plus Smiths big contract made him expendable.

Side note:
Look at what Quinn has done with the Dallas defense. Still wish the Packers had been able to land him as DC.

I still believe they're trying to make a run at a championship this year, no matter what it costs them next year.
Might as well go all in with cap next year major changes will have to be made.

Back