Packers set Coaching Staff for 2016/17 Season

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/17/packers-finalize-coaching-staff/

The Packers finalized the team’s 2016 coaching staff on Wednesday.
The announcement included the hiring of tight ends coach Brian Angelicho and running backs coach Ben Sirmans and two internal promotions. Ejiro Evero was named defensive quality control coach, Luke Getsy was promoted to wide receivers coach and David Raih was promoted to assistant offensive line coach.
Angelicho was tight ends coach with the Browns the last two seasons. Sirmans spent the last four seasons as running backs coach with the Rams.
Getsy, a college quarterback at Pitt and Akron, has been on the Packers staff as offensive quality control coach the last two seasons. Raih was promoted after two seasons as coaching administrator.

Boo hiss. The Packers needed a REAL WR coach with a reputable background to fix this unit. Not another internal hire.

Wow what a crap hire at WR coach you don't even hire a proven guy you hire some guy who was basically a paid intern for 2 years.

Not happy with the WR coach. Still, at least they have one now. Maybe Edgar can spend some extra time in the WR room next season.

Not happy with the WR coach. Still, at least they have one now. Maybe Edgar can spend some extra time in the WR room next season.

The guy played QB in college, seems to have paid his dues as he has worked his way up through the coaching channels. True, we haven't really heard of him before, but he is familiar with the Packers being in the same house the last two years.
Guessing he knows more about coaching WRs than most of us. I'm happy they hired a position coach that we all pretty much agreed we needed. I'm sure Edgar will provide any mentorship the young man might need. Hopeful this works, our WRs need some focused attention. I mean...even Lombardi had to start somewhere.

The guy played QB in college, seems to have paid his dues as he has worked his way up through the coaching channels. True, we haven't really heard of him before, but he is familiar with the Packers being in the same house the last two years.
Guessing he knows more about coaching WRs than most of us. I'm happy they hired a position coach that we all pretty much agreed we needed. I'm sure Edgar will provide any mentorship the young man might need. Hopeful this works, our WRs need some focused attention. I mean...even Lombardi had to start somewhere.

If MM wants to promote him make him assitant WR coach or some other positon then don't make him the WR coach after being a QC coach.

even Lombardi had to start somewhere.

A small Catholic High School in New Jersey. He was the school's first basketball coach. Also taught Latin and a couple of other courses I don't remember right now.
hof(

I don't see the big angst over this. Bennett was a running Back and became a very good wr coach. For all of you who hate the choice who was yours.? I swear people will be critical of McCarthy unless he goes 16-0 and wins the SB. And lord help him if he does not win each game by 30

Back