Packers Profit Statement 2019

FlaPack

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Green Bay Packers reported revenues of $506.9 mil, ops profit of $70.3 mil, all big increases from year earlier. 296M in national revenue. Team says if it has fans this season, most let in will be 12k

Total revenue: 506.9M (+6.1%)
Nat'l revenue: $296M (+7.9%)
Local revenue: $210.9M (+3.6%)
Expenses: $436.6M (-8.5%)
Operating profit: $70.3M (+9610%)
Net income (minus investment losses): $34.9M (+317%)

I wonder what the projected figures look like if they ended up scrapping the entire season due to the pandemic?

I have mixed feelings as to how it would play out. A lot of people believe the players would hold all the cards next year. I'm not that positive it would be the case. From what I've gleaned from information over the last couple of years, a substantial number of players have caught themselves up in financial arrangements that project into money as of yet not earned, and could end up being pretty cash strapped before the 2021 season.

Of course those with hefty contracts, no problem. It's those in the lower 50% of the pay grades that would be most in doubt.

As an example. A long snapper, friend of my son, had a long NFL career. He put the majority of his salary away every year. He and his wife bought a farm, paid cash for it while he was still playing, and sunk his wages into upgrades on the farm that allowed him to avoid huge taxes. In the end, he has one helluva spread, and even though his days in the NFL are over, they are in better financial shape now than they were when he was playing.

I mention this because on a regular basis, guys who made 5 to 10 times as much as him get in contact, looking for a handout, after they've been out of the league for a couple of years. Not too many of these guys are taught how to budget their money.

I think the owners would drive a hard bargain with the next contract.

But, that's just my opinion.

I wonder what the projected figures look like if they ended up scrapping the entire season due to the pandemic?

I have mixed feelings as to how it would play out. A lot of people believe the players would hold all the cards next year. I'm not that positive it would be the case. From what I've gleaned from information over the last couple of years, a substantial number of players have caught themselves up in financial arrangements that project into money as of yet not earned, and could end up being pretty cash strapped before the 2021 season.

Of course those with hefty contracts, no problem. It's those in the lower 50% of the pay grades that would be most in doubt.

As an example. A long snapper, friend of my son, had a long NFL career. He put the majority of his salary away every year. He and his wife bought a farm, paid cash for it while he was still playing, and sunk his wages into upgrades on the farm that allowed him to avoid huge taxes. In the end, he has one helluva spread, and even though his days in the NFL are over, they are in better financial shape now than they were when he was playing.

I mention this because on a regular basis, guys who made 5 to 10 times as much as him get in contact, looking for a handout, after they've been out of the league for a couple of years. Not too many of these guys are taught how to budget their money.

I think the owners would drive a hard bargain with the next contract.

But, that's just my opinion.
It’s a very interesting discussion. If games are played the national revenue still rolls in. Now is it $295m who knows but it’s largely from TV money so it should be close. Now the $200m+ in local revenue is impacted
1. Will sponsors ask for concessions on 2020 payment? Most sponsorships are valued with fans in stands so that’s a big question mark
2. Is there any insurance that covers any losses. Comes down to any Force Majeure, devil is always in the details.
3. Clearly concessions and parking revenue takes a hit as does HOF & Pro Shop
4. Big hit on ticket revenue, club seats and maybe suites

Have to assume a flat cap. It’s how you structure any short falls when guaranteed money is involved.

The owners will be fine. A lost season won't bother them much. The NFL will find a way for teams to be quite comfy with a lost season. Players (most of them) make enough that as long as they've planned well they should find a way as well. Thos bottom roster/PS guys will have trouble.

Back