Packers need more production at tight end

Nice piece of it. Look at the formation it's self. Really the same base regardless with a few moderation's. My point was it's really not a rocket science offense to figure out for a DC.

If I get fast pressure # 12 HAS to make a decision most likely before he wants... if I can play press man I got your hinder and there isn't crap your going to do about in your base.

Since you said 4 or 5 years, I'm going to guess that first one, the one on top, is the Niners game in September 2012. In that game, we had Finley at tight end, and he caught 7 or 8 balls that day if I recall. The second one (against the Saints) could be either 2011 or 2012, and again, Finley played in both games - didn't do much either day, but he was at least a presence. And if it was 2011, you had Grant as a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield.

The Oakland game had to be 2011, and again, Finley at TE and possibly some screens to Grant. The Washington game must have been 2013, and again, Finley.

I can see where that base would have been more effective in those seasons, because you had at least one legitimate short checkdown on the field every snap. But today, in 2015? Not so much. Once the ball is snapped, Rodgers basically has no choice but to wait for the WRs to get separation downfield, eat the ball, throw it away, or take a sack. So if they're still running the same base, and our WRs aren't getting open, you're going to see pretty much the same results on almost every snap that we've been seeing the last couple of weeks. That's my initial take on it, anyway.

Back