Packers "in the mix" to host the 2024 draft?

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
2022 Draft Guru
Reaction score
Posted this is shout but figure would give it's own thread. Most of agree it's bure BS that Murphy wants fans to buy.

@zachkruse2 · 3h #Packers president Mark Murphy confirmed the city of Green Bay is in the mix to host the 2024 draft.

Fans will but into this because they wear the G&G goggles and refuse to see all the issues GB has to hold a draft like lack of hotel space, parking, mass tranportation, food, nightlife. GB will not get it and Murphy will then say well we tried our best but NFL felt we lacked such and such to host it.

The first problem here is @zachkruse2 is a lying sack of..... beyond that it's Murphy telling people what they want to hear nothing more.

It's good publicity for the "Packer experience." The objective is to draw more and more investors into what will be an expanding village of Packer owned facilities, to sell their wares. The league doesn't have to hold the draft there, just needs to say they're in the mix, and people will want to set up shop in this area of beguiling wealth that's going to spread through the land.

Then, in 2024, it will be pushed back to a maybe for 2028, and on, and on, and on.

It's good publicity for the "Packer experience." The objective is to draw more and more investors into what will be an expanding village of Packer owned facilities, to sell their wares. The league doesn't have to hold the draft there, just needs to say they're in the mix, and people will want to set up shop in this area of beguiling wealth that's going to spread through the land.

Then, in 2024, it will be pushed back to a maybe for 2028, and on, and on, and on.
That’s the flaw of Titletown. It’s not The Battery in Atlanta or LA Live or Patriot Way or for that matter any entertainment district around an arena or stadium. The area does not have the population base to support a multi use development that will sustain growth. It’s fine for the local community but median income in the area is not high it’s average and let’s face it summers in Wisconsin last 3 months so it’s not going to be a destination. And if I am a developer I want more than in the mix lip service before I plunk down millions especially in this economic environment

Green Bay will always be the little kid on the block, with a chip on his shoulder. That's good enough for me.

These reports always make me laugh. But I imagine it goes something like this:

Murphy: Hey Rodger, it's Mark Murphy. Green Bay would like to be in the mix to host the 2024 draft.
Goodell: (laughs uncontrollably) Ok Mark, I'll make a note of your interest.
Murphy: Hey everyone we're in the running for the 2024 draft!!!

These reports always make me laugh. But I imagine it goes something like this:

Murphy: Hey Rodger, it's Mark Murphy. Green Bay would like to be in the mix to host the 2024 draft.
Goodell: (laughs uncontrollably) Ok Mark, I'll make a note of your interest.
Murphy: Hey everyone we're in the running for the 2024 draft!!!

That's it

Back