Packers Franchise 5

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
2022 Draft Guru
Reaction score
Saw CBS Sports is doing a franchise 5 for each NFL team.

Rule is you pick 1 head coach, 1 QB, and 3 Non-QB players

I figured we could do a thread were we put our own 5 out there.

Mine is:

HC-Vince Lombardi
QB-Bart Starr
Player 1: Don Hutson
Player 2: Jim Taylor
Player 3: Reggie White

Saw CBS Sports is doing a franchise 5 for each NFL team.

Rule is you pick 1 head coach, 1 QB, and 3 Non-QB players

I figured we could do a thread were we put our own 5 out there.

Mine is:

HC-Vince Lombardi
QB-Bart Starr
Player 1: Don Hutson
Player 2: Jim Taylor
Player 3: Reggie White

I need Ray Nitschke in. I think I'd bench Taylor. Very tough call

Lombardi
Favre
Nitschke
White
Agree with CB 5th to difficult, maybe the Golden Boy #5

It's impossible to do this. If you want to make it by decades, great. But, you cannot compare someone from today, or the last 25 years, to Hutson, Herber, Lambeau, etc. I feel it's the same with all teams. Too many variables. One to consider is the difference between playing both ways without unlimited substitution.

Hard to argue with the CBS list.

It's understood that it's hard to compare across eras but I don't think you are in this case. You just need to look and see which player dominated or defined their era.

It's impossible to do this. If you want to make it by decades, great. But, you cannot compare someone from today, or the last 25 years, to Hutson, Herber, Lambeau, etc. I feel it's the same with all teams. Too many variables. One to consider is the difference between playing both ways without unlimited substitution.

I agree different generations make it tough.

However, I think talent finds a way. I think those older generation guys with modern training and nutrition would be formidable.

But, it's almost impossible to pick 5.

Just look at Packers QBs:

Starr
Dickey
Magikowski
Favre
Rodgers
Love

Those 6 would be giving a lot of teams conundrums to pick 5.

I agree different generations make it tough.

However, I think talent finds a way. I think those older generation guys with modern training and nutrition would be formidable.

But, it's almost impossible to pick 5.

Just look at Packers QBs:

Starr
Dickey
Magikowski
Favre
Rodgers
Love

Those 6 would be giving a lot of teams conundrums to pick 5.
Starr, Dickey, Favre, Rodgers, Majik. Right now Love should be in group with Kizer, Tolzien, Boyle, Etc

Starr, Dickey, Favre, Rodgers, Majik. Right now Love should be in group with Kizer, Tolzien, Boyle, Etc

Quit cutting down Tolzien. Yes, I thought he'd do better than he did - better than average backup - but he didn't.

By the way, Love's inclusion was merely an attempt at humor in these troubled times.

Yes, I can be quite the ass

• Haha
Reactions: TW
Back